Can We Guess Your Age and Location with this Food Test?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ended up being 38 in Indiana. Waaay wrong on both counts. I had a hard time deciding between the cheeses.

I'm the same as you. 38, Indiana. I'm 65 in Mississippi. How did they expect me to choose a favorite cheese when it depends all on the quality or the cheese? I love sharp cheddar, blue cheese, and sometimes I'll buy a quart of cottage cheese. I chose cottage cheese because I like it and it's always the same. I almost picked sharp cheddar but they didn't list types. I adore a good blue cheese but the quality is so variable.

I am also 38 from Indiana - I just pretend to be 20 years older and Canadian!

Liz and rodentraiser, we must be related!
You got: 38 in Indiana

Not even close. I'm 66 and live in Quebec, Canada. I chose the Havarti cheese. I would have chosen cheddar if it hadn't been bright orange. :LOL:

38/Indiana is on a roll. I posted the quiz on my fish forum and all 3 of us old farts who have responded so far are 38 and from Indiana. It got one a bit guy closer. He's 72 and from Illinois.

So how did y'all answer? I said:

Chocolate cake
Original Frito's
Black tea
Candy corn, NO
Cheese was a bitch to choose but I decided on cottage cheese because I like it and the quality never vary's. I took the test again and changed it to blue cheese and got 4 years older ???
Mayo, yes
Thanksgiving presented another huge problem. I love a good cranberry sauce but it is not a dish. It is a condiment. The turkey depends on how well it is cooked. I played it safe and chose stuffing even though the pic of the stuffing they put up looked like crap.

I got 38 in Indiana. I'm actually 60 in California. :LOL: I had a couple of different answers from Liz's, but got the same result. I've never been to Indiana, btw.....and have NEVER liked candy corn. LOL.:)

Last edited:
New York and 27 years , I thought I was in my village, not in town, the age is actually what people think is my age. Yes we do have New York there, it next to St Petersburg.

The Havarti I have stinks and is matured in Denmark, yum.

Last edited:
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but there's nothing scientific about this test. It's programmed with a handful of answers that very likely don't include most states or ages. In today's internet parlance, it's called "clickbait."

From Wikipedia:
"Clickbait is a pejorative term describing web content that is aimed at generating online advertising revenue, especially at the expense of quality or accuracy, relying on sensationalist headlines or eye-catching thumbnail pictures to attract click-throughs and to encourage forwarding of the material over online social networks. Clickbait headlines typically aim to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make the reader curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content."

In other words, it's the modern day equivalent of those silly supermarket tabloids you used to see back many years ago.

lead_large.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the "can we guess, etc." type of exchanges. This one was not too accurate in my case because I didn't like any of the choices in some of the categories. I simply picked the lesser of the evils.:ermm:

I don't think anyone took this "test" thinking it was real or accurate. I see a lot of these on facebook and skip most of them. I take a test from time to time if friends and family have taken it.

Clickbait is pervasive. I follow several cooking sites on twitter and the headlines are always in superlative terms. "The Best French Omelet You'll Ever Eat!", etc. I tend to skip the technique articles as they are not news to me and are often incorrect. Once in a while you'll find a decent recipe in the bunch.

I don't think anyone took this "test" thinking it was real or accurate. I see a lot of these on facebook and skip most of them. I take a test from time to time if friends and family have taken it.

Clickbait is pervasive. I follow several cooking sites on twitter and the headlines are always in superlative terms. "The Best French Omelet You'll Ever Eat!", etc. I tend to skip the technique articles as they are not news to me and are often incorrect. Once in a while you'll find a decent recipe in the bunch.
Same here. But, I only play along when I can open the link in a "private browsing window" (the FF equivalent of going Incognito in Chrome). Some of them are tracking you and trying to get info about your habits, likes & dislikes to sell to advertisers. Well, something along those lines. I'm not sure of the details.

Shame that those of us with the same pretend age and locations can't get together for a good meal, fun time, and a laugh.

Well, Liz, I supposed since it is a pretend age and location, we could all have a pretend get together somewhere in Indiana! :LOL:

You got: 38 in Indiana

Not even close. I'm 66 and live in Quebec, Canada. I chose the Havarti cheese. I would have chosen cheddar if it hadn't been bright orange. :LOL:

I picked the blue cheese because most of the others give me migraines except for Swiss and I get tired of that ;)

Back
Top Bottom