Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #11
Proud American

Good night, Mamma.

Love,
~Cat

Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

1. What is your favorite color? Purple.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No. I've tried but I never keep it up.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? That's hard to say. The jewelry DH has given me over the years? My PC that holds thousands of pictures of family, friends and events? The silver I inherited from my aunt? That's a tough question

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I like both, too.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? I'm replacing my old cheap cookware with Le Creuset and Calphalon I collect cookbooks amd recipes and jewelry. I love pretty earrings.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes, although going through security is tedious.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? None that I know of, although my niece may have some with her princess outfits. We don't have royalty in this country, so tiaras aren't common. Is it common in Romania for families to have tiaras?

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? No.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I think the U.S. and the world would be much better off if Al Gore had won the 2000 election.

10. What television series do you like to watch? NCIS, Chopped, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, New Girl, The Daily Show.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #13
Master Chef

1. What is your favorite color? Blue

2. Do you keep a daily journal? I try to!

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? A German bisque nodder that belonged to my Grandmother.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Real musty, worn, old books.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Dust. I collect books, items relating to local history, anything that catches my eye really. I'm sort of a high end hoarder!

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? No! When I started flying it was very special and you were treated like it was special. Today it is more like taking a cross country bus trip.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? No tiaras, but I have been crowned a couple of times!

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I think that would be very dangerous. I think it is best to leave the past where it is. For example if you had not been placed in a trash can when you were born I never would have met you. You never know the impact that a simple change can make on the world.

10. What television series do you like to watch? EastEnders
Old 10-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Good night, Mamma.

Love,
~Cat
Cat, how wonderful of your Mama to join our community here. I am sure she is aware of how much we love you and treasure your contributions to this forum. Welcome Mama Cat!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

1. What is your favorite color? Light Blue.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these?
A stove engraved with my daughter's birth date and date of death. It is placed in a lovely spot in my oldest daughter's flower garden.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Regular books with pages to turn and wonder what happens on the next page.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Blue Willow items.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Not anymore. My traveling days are over.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? Too many to count. My G'daughter loved to enter pageants and usually won. She has them stacked in her room like you stack books. Reminds of Toddlers and Tiaras.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? Yes. I play the piano and the organ.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? That one requires some deep thought.

10. What television series do you like to watch? Documentaries. Nature, History, Medical, etc. and maybe a few Sitcoms.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
Proud American

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? None that I know of, although my niece may have some with her princess outfits. We don't have royalty in this country, so tiaras aren't common. Is it common in Romania for families to have tiaras?

It is for the aristocratic families such as ours. For example, the late Princess Diana had her family's Spencer tiara she wore along with the Cambridge tiara the Queen gave to her.

When I become married someday, I shall wear one of these tiaras. It is the symbol of the family with very much history with it.

Thank you for your answers!

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 10-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #17
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
1. What is your favorite color? Blue

2. Do you keep a daily journal? I try to!

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? A German bisque nodder that belonged to my Grandmother.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Real musty, worn, old books.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Dust. I collect books, items relating to local history, anything that catches my eye really. I'm sort of a high end hoarder!

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? No! When I started flying it was very special and you were treated like it was special. Today it is more like taking a cross country bus trip.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? No tiaras, but I have been crowned a couple of times!

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I think that would be very dangerous. I think it is best to leave the past where it is. For example if you had not been placed in a trash can when you were born I never would have met you. You never know the impact that a simple change can make on the world.

10. What television series do you like to watch? EastEnders
Thank you so very much! I also like EastEnders. A note of the history of the East End of London. The East End was bombed terribly during WWII. Also Windsor Castle was hit of bombs. The Queen (consort) Elizabeth and her husband, King George VI visited this devastation and vowed that England shall prevail and supported every single measure to fight Germany.

The King and Queen refused to leave London when it was advised by their people to do so. Their daughters, Elizabeth and Margaret, stayed to london also.

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 10-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #18
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
1. What is your favorite color? Light Blue.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these?
A stove engraved with my daughter's birth date and date of death. It is placed in a lovely spot in my oldest daughter's flower garden.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Regular books with pages to turn and wonder what happens on the next page.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Blue Willow items.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Not anymore. My traveling days are over.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? Too many to count. My G'daughter loved to enter pageants and usually won. She has them stacked in her room like you stack books. Reminds of Toddlers and Tiaras.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? Yes. I play the piano and the organ.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? That one requires some deep thought.

10. What television series do you like to watch? Documentaries. Nature, History, Medical, etc. and maybe a few Sitcoms.
Thank you, Addie.

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 10-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
1. What is your favorite color? Purple.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No. I've tried but I never keep it up.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? That's hard to say. The jewelry DH has given me over the years? My PC that holds thousands of pictures of family, friends and events? The silver I inherited from my aunt? That's a tough question

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I like both, too.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? I'm replacing my old cheap cookware with Le Creuset and Calphalon I collect cookbooks amd recipes and jewelry. I love pretty earrings.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes, although going through security is tedious.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I think the U.S. and the world would be much better off if Al Gore had won the 2000 election.

10. What television series do you like to watch? NCIS, Chopped, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, New Girl, The Daily Show.
I like these Le Creuset and the Calphelon also! Thank you so very much!

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #20
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Cat, how wonderful of your Mama to join our community here. I am sure she is aware of how much we love you and treasure your contributions to this forum. Welcome Mama Cat!
Thank you so very much, Addie. She has told me of how nicely I am received here to this website. She says this is a good place to be, and she likes everyone also.

I do love all of you! I feel safe and good here. Thank you for welcoming her! Addie, you are so very special to me. Thank you for being here! You are so very kind to me.

Thank you so very much, Addie. I love you too! I am finding I truly love everyone here. Love means admiration, respect, and to care for people with my heart.

I am changing my sign out, Addie, for you and all of you who have shown me love and caring.

I have DC and DA and everything in between.

With love,
~Cat