Counting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
Need help, when we say 20 it is twenty, when we say 10 it is ten. Why not say, to make things uniform, one-te for 10, one-te-one for 11, one-te-two for 12, one-te-three for 13, and so on. :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

OMG! Not only will I need to learn metrics, but I will need to learn to count again!

Save me from such numerical horrors.....

Numbers are my nemesis! Haven't been able to remember a phone number since speed dialing became available...can't add or subtract since I got a calculator....I'm a mess!

I guess the politically correct thing to say is that most women on this forum appear to be numerically challenged.

That is because as women we know everything else!

I can count in Japanese

ichi
ni
san
shi
go
roku
shichi
hachi
kyu
ju

11 would be ju ichi
12 ju ni

that's the way it is in german norgeskog, after you get past the teens (why does so much clear up and get easier after the teens? :) )

for instance:
eins, zwei, drei, vier, funf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zehn, for 1 to 10.
then elf, zwolf, for 11 and 12, (see, they're oddballs)
then dreizehn (3 - 10, or 13), vierzehn (4 - 10 or 14), funfzehn, sechszehn, siebzehn, achtzehn, neunzehn, zwanzig, for 15 thru 20.
then it gets easy, just the first 9 numbers and the decade marker. such as 21 is einsundzwanzig, or 1 and 20. 35 would be 5 and 30, or funfunddreizig.
it's very easy...

lol crewsk, i don't know how yous guys get pneumonia down there in norris, but up here we get it from coughing and sneezing...:)

I guess I am a rare one here, I excelled in math and was always the first one to sit down in a spelling bee. And with self correcting computers, still cannot spell. Then learning other languages really messed up things. I still do not remember i before e or the other way around and the exceptions for it. UGH...

I'm like Middie. To quote a Jimmy Buffett song, "Math Sucks!" You people are making my head hurt again!!! At least I've learned that collectively, we can count in a half dozen languages! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom