"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games

Old 08-28-2005, 12:08 AM   #11
Contest Winner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Good luck with the game Maidrite!! You know what, after reading your last post, about the TV repair at 8 I thought of TC. He'll be 9 in October & has taken apart & put back together a remote control Hummer in an afternoon. Plus, he & Savannh took apart an old lawn mower that was at my Grandma's house last summer. He worked 2 Saturdays in a row putting it back together but he did it with very little help. I'd like to get him a small wet of tools for his birthday or something but I'm afraid he'll take apart my toaster or something!
Do it Crewsk, I just loved and still do working on things, I am one of those,"I need to know whys". I still have the tools my parents bought me when i was young. USA made with a Lifetime Warranty haven't had to use that yet! I also use to get tools at Yard Sales its a great place to get good tools and a cheap price! I SAY DO IT in the long run you will be glad you did!

Old 08-28-2005, 12:12 AM   #12
Contest Winner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberchef
Let's see...it could be set up sorta like Monopoly with a few spots for piles of cards in the center of the board.

All around the outside of the board could be supermarket "aisle" kinds of things. Roll the dice and move the number of squares. Land on "Produce" and pick a card, land on "spices and herbs"and pick up a card from that pile. Land on "Main Ingredient" and pick up a card from that pile.

Okay, I've got to stop and think again - but does this help at all?

Comes from a game that some members of my family used to play. Everybody would pick about three ingredients to buy and contribute to the "feast" (we would each have a category - veg. meat or seafood, dairy... sometimes, for fun we would each pick one ingredient from three different categories..) and we would all meet on an agreed time with our ingredients. The names of everything we had bought would be individually placed in a Tupperware "hat" and we would take turns pulling out the pieces of paper until they were all gone.

Then the fun would begin! Each of us would have to prepare something using the ingredients that we picked from the hat. And, of course, we would have to come up with a name and description for our "creations". It was always very interesting and fun and we were working and socializing together - not competing. We all got to enjoy the "fruits" of our endeavors together!

And then we would eat. Of course, we also had brought wine - so it was definitely an occasion - and we had a lot of fun!

Anyway, just thought I'd share this 'cause there just might be a way for you to incorporate this kind of "fun" into your game.

All the best - Bren
Bren I will see how I can make it happen, and will think on what you have said! Thank You and I will get back to you on this! James