"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games

Old 09-26-2005, 07:06 AM   #1
Master Chef

more thoughts on cats

-you will hear a thudding sort of sound. all of the people in your household will be like, 'what was that sound?'.
it will have been a cat jumping on the washer or dryer in the end.
-when your cat runs outside and it is raining, and then returns from the outdoors, it will look more like a hedgehog gone awry than a feline.
-you will laugh.
-your cat will then laugh at you for holding the door open as it perched in anticipation of fleeing the indoors.
-one day there will be claw-marks in the furniture, and you'll be like, 'when did THOSE get there?'
-deli meat is no longer yours once the cat sees it. and just wait until kitty hears that deli bag crinkle......
-your meal will become the feline's meal, seeing as to how our cats rule us in some sort of inadvertant feline way
-you'll wake up to a kitchen that was clean before you went to bed, but that now has 2 phonebooks, a bowl of what was once breakfast, and a can of what you're fairly certain was a beer flung across the room. then you have to check. 'was that my BEER?'
-a paperclip and your favorite pen and what was once a lightbulb will somehow end up having been destroyed by kitty by the end of the day.

but at the end of the day, kitty will stare up at you with that cat-stare, make that purr-meow noise, and make you smile.

tee-hee. i love my cats.

Old 09-26-2005, 07:36 AM   #2
Master Chef

I also love cats, but we have no place for them...

How To Give Your Cat A Pill
Grasp cat firmly in your arms. Cradle its head on your elbow, just as if you were giving baby a bottle. Coo confidently, "That's a nice kitty.". Drop pill into its mouth.

Retrieve cat from top of lamp, and pill from under sofa.

Follow same procedure as in 1, but hold cat's front paws down with left hand and back paws down with elbow of right arm. Poke pill into its mouth with right forefinger.

Retrieve cat from under bed. Get new pill from bottle. (Resist impulse to get new cat.)

Again proceed as in 1, except when you have cat firmly cradled in bottle-feeding position, sit down on edge of chair, fold your torso over cat, bring your right hand over your left elbow, open cat's mouth by lifting the upper jaw and pop the pill in - quickly. Since your head is down by your knees, you won't be able to see what you're doing. That's just as well.

Leave cat hanging on drapes. Leave pill in your hair.

If you're a woman, have a good cry. If you're a man, have a good cry.

Now pull yourself together. Who's the boss here anyway? Retrieve cat and pill. Assuming position 1, say sternly, "Who's the boss here, anyway?" Open cat's mouth, take pill and...Oooops!

This isn't working, is it? Collapse and think. Aha! Those flashing claws are causing the chaos.

Crawl to linen closet. Drag back large beach towel. Spread towel on floor.

Retrieve cat from kitchen counter, and pill from potted plant.

Spread cat on towel near one end, with its head over long edge.

Flatten cat's front and back legs over its stomach. (Resist impulse to flatten cat.)

Roll cat in towel. Work fast; time and tabbies wait for no man-or woman.

Resume position 1. Rotate your left hand to cat's head. Press its mouth at the jaw hinges like opening the petals of a snapdragon.

Drop pill into cat's mouth and poke gently. Voila! It's done.

Vacuum up loose fur (cat's). Apply bandages to wounds (yours).

Take two aspirins and lie down.

(Sheesh, If you only would have asked me nicely!!)

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
Head Chef

Yesterday when we took the dog to the vet there was acge with 2 gorgeous fluffy kittens looking for a home. They were $25 each including micro chipping and thier first injection which is sooo cheap. I drooled and drooled so did Erin. DH in a resigned way said "if you want." The only thing I am worried about is how Keeley my 6 month old cat would cope. She is the most divine cat she never scratches or bites and lets Erin carry her around the house and has never once scratched her even though I would have!! I also worry that not all cats are as placid as Keeley and i would be disappointed- Keeley never scratches furniture or makes a mess either.
HELP!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 03:50 AM   #4
Master Chef

i'd so take the cats in, mrs. m, but that's just me.

i love the post on giving cats medicine, cara. my Mom will so want to see that one, seeing as to how our one kitty is on eardrops and the another is on antibiotics as a preventative measure.

just one more thought on cats- why do they lay on a linoleum floor and grip something in thier teeth and then decide to have a fight with it just before they start kicking at it with thier hind legs and just before thier fur loses its grip and they start spinning around on the surface of the floor?

and another thought- why do things like dustbunnies and feathers upset kitty so much that he hisses before he cautiously bats at it, meows, then chews on it for a minute?

and another thought- why do they literally fling themselves at you and start purring like they haven't seen you in years when you just gave them 'pettins and cooed at them 15 minutes ago?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:03 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmac
Yesterday when we took the dog to the vet there was acge with 2 gorgeous fluffy kittens looking for a home. They were $25 each including micro chipping and thier first injection which is sooo cheap. I drooled and drooled so did Erin. DH in a resigned way said "if you want." The only thing I am worried about is how Keeley my 6 month old cat would cope. She is the most divine cat she never scratches or bites and lets Erin carry her around the house and has never once scratched her even though I would have!! I also worry that not all cats are as placid as Keeley and i would be disappointed- Keeley never scratches furniture or makes a mess either.
HELP!!!
Yes, yes, go for it!! I know there is enough love to go around to everyone in your house hold!! I had an incredibly spoiled boy "Hobbes", but he became a wonderfully loving big brother to the tiny "calvin" when he came home timid and scared... you may be surprised how Keeley takes to the new "sibling"!!
Old 09-27-2005, 04:05 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13

This little guy has just read the first two posts....
Old 09-27-2005, 10:44 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
you can't hear them jump up on counters... but you can sure hear them jump down lmao

mrsmac... i say go adopt one of the kittens. just talk with a vet about getting him/her declawed. the other cat may not like it at first but eventually they'll get along pretty well.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:34 PM   #8
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
My kittens like to catch flys & play with them until they are dead. Then they chew them up, spit them out on the floor & leave them there. It drives hubby crazy!! Right now my kitten Tater's favorite thing to do is to lay down in the middle of the newspaper when I'm laying in the den floor reading it.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
one of my cats (the bigger one of course)
will crawl in my lap and lay on whatever it
is i'm trying to read. doesn't matter where
i am. sometimes she'll lay ontop of my keyboard
too lmbo
Old 09-28-2005, 04:55 AM   #10
Master Chef

guys, mine so do that, too. as soon as you get that newspaper opened, here comes kitty.