Odd Use for Bounce Dryer Sheets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
Received these in a newsletter to which I subscribe. Have not used all of them, bolded the ones I have tried.

USPS asked letter carriers to put a bounce sheet in their pocket to ward off jellow jackets.

They will:

chase ants away
repel mice in foundation, trailers, cars.
takes odor out of books and albums not frequently used
repels mosquitoes (I will try this next time I bike or walk)
eliminates static electricity from TV or computer screen, wipe
disolves soap scum from shower doors, wipe
place one in drawers or in closet to refresh aroma
place one in the vaccum cleaner
freshen air in car, put one under the seat
wipe to collect cat hair
deoderize sneakers and shoes
keep camping things fresh by storing one in them
place one in bottom of clothes hamper
place on in stored luggage

I also heard that you could wipe them on your skin and it would help repel mosquitoes - or hang one on the back of a chair outdoors to help with the same thing. I've used them on my TV but there's no way in Hades they will help with MY son's shoes :ohmy: :shock:

kitchenelf said:
I also heard that you could wipe them on your skin and it would help repel mosquitoes - or hang one on the back of a chair outdoors to help with the same thing. I've used them on my TV but there's no way in Hades they will help with MY son's shoes :ohmy: :shock:

kitchennisse, try having the kid rub his feet with them before he puts them into the shoes :LOL:

I've used them for really burned on gunk in the bottom of a pot! I was really surprised, I thought I'd have to rent a jack hammer:LOL:

kadesma:)

kadesma said:
I've used them for really burned on gunk in the bottom of a pot! I was really surprised, I thought I'd have to rent a jack hammer:LOL:

kadesma:)

wow that is amazing, kadesma, wonder what is in them.

Back
Top Bottom