Old 02-28-2005, 12:11 PM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
i'll never forget the time one of them called my cousin house trying to sell him windows. i think it was buy 2 windows get one free or something like that. my cousin kept saying "no that's okay i just want the free windows".
so the telemarketer would explain it again. everytime he did this my cousin would repeat he just wanted the free windows. i think they went back and forht 3 or 4 times before the guy hung up on my cousin lol

middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #13
Certified Executive Chef
I have not had a telemarketer call since I got my cell, but lately I have calls with caller ID blocked, a really strange number 999-999-9999 and odd area codes and I do not answer any of them. In fact I do not answer the phone unless I know who it is. When I was tethered to the wall with a land line, I would tell the telemarketeer that I was busy and asked them for their home number to call them back at a more opportune time. They just stutter and stammer, and say they cannot do that, I say, you have my home phone and I did not give it to you, so it is only fair you give me yours, then they hang up.
norgeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:04 PM   #14
Executive Chef
I'm polite with the telemarketers, what few do manage to sneak through. I've signed up on the Do Not Call list, so I don't get many. When someone does call, it's usually from the cable company or phone company wanting me to upgrade my service. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't. Other telemarketers, once I realize that they're trying to sell me something, get a "May I ask what this call is regarding". When they tell what it is, I'll either decline, or ask for more info.

I actually had a telemarketer call me last week, and asked how I was doing. I truthfully explained that I was rather busy preparing supper for my family. They said they would call back at a later time and date.

I have a document on my desktop pc that I got off of Netscape, titled "Twenty things to say to Telemarketers". If anyone wants it, pm me and I'll send it to you.
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:11 AM   #15
Head Chef
When telemarketers call me, I ask them to send me 50 bucks for my time or else I wont talk to them. I'm really polite when I ask for the $$ but a lot of times I get a "sorry, can't do that" or "that's not the way it works".

This and being on the do not call list seems to have put me on the telemarketer black list.

htc is offline   Reply With Quote