This is an easy game to play.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, my favorite few words are "You won the lottery". :rolleyes:

I assume the next person will have ice cream tonight.

Yep, my favorite few words are "You won the lottery".
Why wasabi I didn't know that we had the same favourite words :LOL: But in all seriousness I think my favourite words are "I love you" :wub: (Such a romantic, I know...)

Hmmm, no ice cream planned at this end for tonight. I want to make Cara's recipe for Nutella muffins (posted in the never-ending nutella thread :mrgreen:) but don't know what one of the ingredients called "quark" is.

I assume that the next person had, or is going to have soup for lunch today?

um....no...I really dont care for ANY soup.....I know Im weird.....

I assume the next person just sits there rolling his eyes at me....

tancowgirl2000 said:
um....no...I really dont care for ANY soup.....I know Im weird.....
Not sure about weird, but definately not alone...My DH won't touch soup at all (I've even offered to eat any food he wants me to if he'll eat a spoonful of one of my soups, and he still won't budge on his soup stance! :mad:), and I've just learnt a few days ago that one of my best friends doesn't like soup either! I find non-soup likers very interesting, what is it about soup that repulses you guys :huh:

LOL, no I wouldn't roll my eyes at you, at myself sometimes but not at you :mrgreen:

I assume that the next person has a favourite Sesame Street character?

Ciao piccolinaaa!:) Quark is a German/Tirolian specialty, a kind of soft, fresh smooth curd cheese. You can substitute it with cream cheese, though flavour will be slightly different. Is there Aldi around your neighbourhood? (Aldi could be found quite often in England & Holland, so maybe, just maybe also in Ireland..) It is a very nice supermarket originated from Germany, they carry some specialties from Germany, and the prices are usually very good... if there is one try it there hopefully you may able to find some quark...
There is a recipe for homemade quark, something I would love to try when I get a chance... I had a freshly made one before and it is sooooo good!! (you could chop some herbs into it.... you can pile that on fresh baguette or similar bread and could keep on eating until everything is gone!!:LOL: )
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14449&page=1&pp=10

She also listed another wonderful recipe using quark... just for this making quark would be very much worthwhile...
38.gif

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14534

Oh, I have to keep the game going!!

(my fav Sesame St. Character is Grover!)
I assume the next person was wondering
39.gif
what the h... I was doing here blabbering about quark in this thread?

Last edited:
urmaniac13 said:
Ciao piccolinaaa!:) Quark is a German/Tirolian specialty, a kind of soft, fresh smooth curd cheese. You can substitute it with cream cheese, though flavour will be slightly different. Is there Aldi around your neighbourhood? (Aldi could be found quite often in England & Holland, so maybe, just maybe also in Ireland..) It is a very nice supermarket originated from Germany, they carry some specialties from Germany, and the prices are usually very good... if there is one try it there hopefully you may able to find some quark...
There is a recipe for homemade quark, something I would love to try when I get a chance... I had a freshly made one before and it is sooooo good!! (you could chop some herbs into it.... you can pile that on fresh baguette or similar bread and could keep on eating until everything is gone!!:LOL: )
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14449&page=1&pp=10

She also listed another wonderful recipe using quark... just for this making quark would be very much worthwhile...
38.gif

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14534

Thanks Licia, you are such a big help! :) We do not have Aldi stores in Ireland, and the shops in my little town are how shall we say, not all that exotic! But I can easily get cream cheese (phew!) Now you've peaked my interest in quark...I've made butter, buttermilk and yogurt from scratch before, perhaps I will have a go with making quark too!

Do you think that Boursin cheese could be used in place of quark too?

I wasn't wondering why you were talking about quark, it was very helpful to me :mrgreen:

I assume that the next person loves carrots?

fresh out of the garden carrots!!!

(the soup thing...its like drinking water with floaties in it and I HATE floaties!!! Cream based I can sort a handle...)

I assume the next person got a good harvest out of their beloved garden?

sorry, we have no garden.... but my mother-in-law just gave us a basket of tomatoes.... I don`t know what to do with that lot... :rolleyes:

I´m sorry for that quark thing, but I remembered reading something here on the board about it, so I didn`t care....

okay.... I assume the next person is not afraid of the Birds flu.. do you have this endless disscussion about that, too?? :wacko:

Yes it gets talked about. I hope and Pray it will not get to bad !

I assume the next person wants a pie of Banana Creme Pie ! :chef:

I sure do :LOL:

I assume the next person is about ready to sit down to supper?
kadesma:)

No, I ate late but not this late. :cool:

I assume the next person panicked today when he/she realized Christmas is only 2 months away from today!

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
I assume the next person panicked today when he/she realized Christmas is only 2 months away from today!
No, I gave a big smile and actually bought my Christmas cards today - went out for masking tape and wound up buying cards too :mrgreen: (got to get them out nice and early from Europe if they are to reach NA before the 25th of December) :santa:

I assume that the next person enjoys singing Christmas carols?

yep!

i assume the next person likes to see the smile on someone's face as they open thier presents.

That is my favorite part! (I didn't panic either, but I did get excited!)

I assume the next person has plans for Thanksgiving.

:) Barbara

You talked of Christmas Barbara....I didnt KNOW that till my son asked me when my b-day was and his dad told him in exactly one month...man!!! Two months till xmas....where does the time go?

I assume the next person would like that holiday to be put on hold fer a bit yet too.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom