This or That

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two and a Half Men, and Survivor! Love Dwts, but Men is on daily.

Curious about the new TAAHM, may not be as good.

Ham hocks or pickled pig's feet?

Last edited:
We got on at the same time, Hamm.

Dwts

Ham hocks or pickled pig's feet?

Last edited:
vitauta said:
(both shows debut tonight. can't wait to see what ashton's got for us--besides the full monty, that is!)

Not that there's anything wrong with Ashton's full monty...nice Iowa boy.

Chicken livers.

Oysters, raw or smoked?

Dawgluver said:
Not that there's anything wrong with Ashton's full monty...nice Iowa boy.

Chicken livers.

Oysters, raw or smoked?

Smoked

Yams or sweet potatoes

vitauta said:
(both shows debut tonight. can't wait to see what ashton's got for us--besides the full monty, that is!)

I have to watch the season finale of Hell's Kitchen. Will miss Ashton's full monty. Need to invest in some of that Tivo tech.

vitauta said:
i thought we established that yams and sweet potatoes are the same thing.
sweet potato pie is awesome....:)

I'm not sure, are they? There are some subtle differences...or maybe that's bananas and plantains.

Ha! Bananas or plantains?

vitauta said:
i thought we established that yams and sweet potatoes are the same thing.
sweet potato pie is awesome....:)

No they are not the same thing. If you ever had a sweet potato there is a difference.

Sweet potatoes are sweeter than yams which are a little stringy and drier . A white sweet potato is very yummy.

Sweet potatoes are smaller than yams. Most people buy yams because they are cheaper.

hamm4 said:
Sweet potatoes are sweeter than yams which are a little stringy and drier . A white sweet potato is very yummy.

I may check out a white sweet potato. I love rhutabagas and turnips with sugar and butter, they are also different.

Dawgluver said:
I may check out a white sweet potato. I love rhutabagas and turnips with sugar and butter, they are also different.
Two other veggies people thimk are the same. I love rhutabagas cooked in smoke Turkey and chicken broth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom