Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had to finish getting all my laughs in for the day. The facility is in Quarantine and is really quiet right now with everyone stuck in their rooms. I'm not allowed to go in and see folks. I may have to become "direct care staff" any day now. Lots of staff are sick too. I'm on call for night shift as needed.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Had to finish getting all my laughs in for the day. The facility is in Quarantine and is really quiet right now with everyone stuck in their rooms. I'm not allowed to go in and see folks. I may have to become "direct care staff" any day now. Lots of staff are sick too. I'm on call for night shift as needed.

Eeks! What does everyone have, PF? Sure hope you don't get whatever it is.

Last edited:
Eeks! What does everyone have, PF? Sure hope you don't get whatever it is.

Just our yearly session of stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis). So far, I've been lucky, but odds are if I end up working for a sick nurse I will come down with it.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Just our yearly session of stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis). So far, I've been lucky, but odds are if I end up working for a sick nurse I will come down with it.

They let the nurses come to work sick?? Wouldn't they be better off running short handed?

No, they don't come to work sick, that's why I will be called in to work...
This problem is easily solved. As soon as someone gets sick, put a few cases of canned ravioli and spaghetti in each patient's room, along with a box of plastic spoons and a couple cases of bottled water, then all the nurses and the rest of the staff go on a 2-week vacation in a sunny beach location. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

(And no, I am not really that mean!!!!).

This problem is easily solved. As soon as someone gets sick, put a few cases of canned ravioli and spaghetti in each patient's room, along with a box of plastic spoons and a couple cases of bottled water, then all the nurses and the rest of the staff go on a 2-week vacation in a sunny beach location. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

(And no, I am not really that mean!!!!).

So far only one staff member has gotten sick. But, it's still leap frogging around the facility. If we could just keep well-meaning visitors out..."But Mom isn't sick..." No, not yet...have fun taking that home!

Oh pfft. Sorry I mis-read that lol.

The year before last, it was a matter of working short with the staff who were the least sick. There were not enough well-people to take care of everyone. So many of us worked through two or 3 shifts, just because we weren't throwing up as much as others were. I love my job...

So far only one staff member has gotten sick. But, it's still leap frogging around the facility. If we could just keep well-meaning visitors out..."But Mom isn't sick..." No, not yet...have fun taking that home!
That kind of thing drove my dad nuts at work. He owned and managed a vacuum cleaner/sewing machine store. People were always coming in practically at death's door with the flu, and they would hack and cough and touch everything in the store, then say things like, "I should be home in bed because I'm sick and running a fever, but I had too many things to get done." I hate to break it to those selfish, oblivious people out there, but it's not all about you!

This looks just like my cat. My hand isn't that, um, plump, yeah, that's the word, plump. Shreddy has done this to me.

MXgmdWzcykSF_E96Tv1aGA2.jpg

taxlady said:
This looks just like my cat. My hand isn't that, um, plump, yeah, that's the word, plump. Shreddy has done this to me.

This is how my bf's cat feels about my feet lol.

My granddaughter used to have to sleep on her tummy so Tasha could sleep on her backside. And if not there, then she like to get tangled in GD long hair. My GD was always trying different smelling shampoos. If Tasha didn't like the aroma of the present one, she let GD know. She would slap GD in the face continuously until GD had to make her stop. I told GD that she was to take Tasha with her when she was going to buy shampoo. I had a whole collection of shampoos that Tasha didn't like. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom