Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right--you're a cat person and would not know dog people call frozen poo poopsicles if dogs eat them...TMI, and kitty poo out of the litter box (if dogs eat that) self-serve hors d'oeurves.:LOL:
I have met more than one dog (one who was "my" dog) that is picky about what dog food they are served, but head straight for the gourmet cat poops. Just what I always wanted - doggy kisses with cat poop breath. Cat food breath is bad enough. :LOL:

My poor grandson! He will be 3 next month. They are just finishing the process of moving next door to my dad's house (he left the house to my daughter in his will) and have a lot of stuff to get rid of. She posted the following on Facebook this morning:

"Oops... Salvation Army came to pick up a TON of stuff... it was all set outside. When they got here Thomas said "What are they doing?!" I said "Oh, they're just taking our stuff" Poor lil Thomas started certifiably freaking out "NO NO NO! They can't take my sippy! Please no take my toys!!!" Poor kid, mommy shoulda worded that better, huh?"

My poor grandson! He will be 3 next month. They are just finishing the process of moving next door to my dad's house (he left the house to my daughter in his will) and have a lot of stuff to get rid of. She posted the following on Facebook this morning:

"Oops... Salvation Army came to pick up a TON of stuff... it was all set outside. When they got here Thomas said "What are they doing?!" I said "Oh, they're just taking our stuff" Poor lil Thomas started certifiably freaking out "NO NO NO! They can't take my sippy! Please no take my toys!!!" Poor kid, mommy shoulda worded that better, huh?"

Poor baby. Mommy's bad! :(

Barbara L said:

lol Barbara! It's funny but also heartbreaking. Violet (our dog), was traumatized by our move and then 6 months later dh and I packing togo to work on Vancouver Island at a camp for four months. We could not take the dogs with us but took a good chunk of our belongings. She had someone stay with her but was moping the whole time. Now we can't pull out a suitcase or even move a piece of furniture with out her shaking in terror. I have been slowly moving things around in Dad's room. I would like to get it done as there are too many reminders but don't want to upset the dog!

Poor baby. Mommy's bad! :(
:LOL: At least she wasn't really getting rid of his stuff! He just thought she was.

Grandma is bad too! Of course, I was just joking when I offered this "practical joke" and I know Nancy wouldn't do it. As I mentioned, they are moving just next door. Thomas insisted that it wasn't their house, but that it was "Aunt Diana's house" (she lived at my dad's house the last year of his life, and he was in a health facility the last several months). Finally one day he said, "This is our house! This isn't Aunt Diana's house." Here is where the practical joke comes in. I told Nancy that after they get settled in, she could one day say, "Okay, well it's time to move into Craig's house!" (on the other side of my dad's house.). Poor Thomas would need therapy if she did that! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I too am guilty of traumatizing my child. When Son #1 was small, it was so hot out. He was whiny so I sent him on an errand with ten cents in his hand. I told him to go to the store and get me ten cents worth of elbow grease. Don't come back without it. Have any of you seen that commercial for Home Depot for "Ask This Old House" where the men are trying to move a rock and mention needing some elbow grease? Then a panel truck pulls up filled with barrels of elbow grease. Well, every time it comes on, Son #1 does not let me forget it.

Not only didn't none of the stores let him know it was a joke, but they sent him on to the next store. I did let him keep the dime. Enough to get a big ice cold slush. :angel:

Addie said:
I too am guilty of traumatizing my child. When Son #1 was small, it was so hot out. He was whiny so I sent him on an errand with ten cents in his hand. I told him to go to the store and get me ten cents worth of elbow grease. Don't come back without it. Have any of you seen that commercial for Home Depot for "Ask This Old House" where the men are trying to move a rock and mention needing some elbow grease? Then a panel truck pulls up filled with barrels of elbow grease. Well, every time it comes on, Son #1 does not let me forget it.

Not only didn't none of the stores let him know it was a joke, but they sent him on to the next store. I did let him keep the dime. Enough to get a big ice cold slush. :angel:

Omg that is hilarious. I work in a tourist area with tons of restaurants close together, and they have a running practical joke that they play on new people. They tell the new person that the bar is out of (can't remember name of made up liquor), and to go ask the bar at the green mill if we can borrow some. Green mill sends them to little Angie's, little angie's sends them to grandma's, to old Chicago, to timberlodge, and so on, until new person either gives up, figures it out, or doesn't know the running joke and tells the person that there is no such thing as (can't remember name of made up liquor). The manager at red lobster also gives new hosts a squirt bottle of water, tells them it's lobster food, and has them pick up the lobsters and try to squirt it in their mouths if they happen to ask if we feed the lobsters. It's hilarious.

We must as PF is she has had to use a neck tourniquet on any patient lately. I sure there have been times when she wishes she could. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom