Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been cell only for 10 years and have had no issues applying for anything with that number, credit cards, mortgage, car etc... Most friends of ours are cell only.

Interesting. Many of our friends are cell only too. But I still feel more comfortable with a landline, everything's under that number.

Last edited:
img_1282926_0_b82343336aea12055728095831034b13.jpg

Love it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Even though my cell is free, I was reluctant to get rid of the landline. Mainly for 911 purposes. But after talking to several others who need to have quick access to 911, I decided to bite the bullet. Sure enough I needed to call 911. The State Police answer the line and immediately see that the number is located in the Boston area and connect me directly to the 911 Boston Dispatcher. The Boston Dispatcher Dept. has now replaced my landline number with my cell number. So now when the State Police patch me over, it shows all my info as if I had called from a land line. So in the event I am unable to talk, they know where to send the help.

Bonus? One less bill to pay each month. :angel:

I do this - for real - anyone else?

img_1282947_0_b82343336aea12055728095831034b13.jpg

I used to write such a nice list, in store order, and even indicated if I had coupons for things. After we moved and it was just Himself and me my list got smaller. Now I use the grocery store ad and a wide-tip magic marker. Circle the items I need. Write with a thinner marker along the top of each "department" if there are items not listed in the ad. The ads are laid out the same every week and I know how to flip the pages to follow along as I shop. When I'm almost done I go over each page to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. I'm usually spot-on with picking up everything as I go from one end to the other. As a bonus, if I can't find something it's a lot safer to show the ad to a stocker and say "where can I find this?" while pointing to the picture rather than trying to explain myself in a way they can understand. :)

Interesting. Many of our friends are cell only too. But I still feel more comfortable with a landline, everything's under that number.

I'll admit at first it was a little strange giving up the land line, but in my situation it made sense, one guy 2 phone bills, when I only needed one.

If you ever decide to go cell only, you can have the land line number ported to a cell phone!

It all depends on your situation. The biggest thing to get used to is grabbing your cell phone when going to a different part of the house. I have chargers scattered throughout.

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head. She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, 'Why are some of yourhairs white, Mum?' Her mother replied, 'Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white.'
The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said,'Mommy, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?'

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head. She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, 'Why are some of yourhairs white, Mum?' Her mother replied, 'Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white.'
The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said,'Mommy, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?'
:LOL: Mwahaha. Serves her right for laying a guilt trip on her kid.

Back
Top Bottom