Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On behalf of my fellow SOWs (silly old women), I thank you for your kindness.

You just wait.

I've already got two feet into my 60s. ;) Fortunately, all my brain burps have been around Himself, not in public. So far...

I've given strict instructions to our daughter that if I get like my Mom (who had serious short-term memory loss due to an OR "oops" during bypass surgery) she is to go walking with me deep into the woods, turn, and run like hell! :LOL: Thank goodness she is the good child. :ROFLMAO:

I've already got two feet into my 60s. ;) Fortunately, all my brain burps have been around Himself, not in public. So far...

I've given strict instructions to our daughter that if I get like my Mom (who had serious short-term memory loss due to an OR "oops" during bypass surgery) she is to go walking with me deep into the woods, turn, and run like hell! :LOL: Thank goodness she is the good child. :ROFLMAO:

:wacko: I told Spike I want the least expensive funeral and burial possible. So he said he will make arrangements for the dumpster truck to pick me up on a Thursday. Trash day! I just have to die on a Wednesday night. What a loving son! :angel:

family-of-cats-funny-animal-pictures.jpg

:wacko: I told Spike I want the least expensive funeral and burial possible. So he said he will make arrangements for the dumpster truck to pick me up on a Thursday. Trash day! I just have to die on a Wednesday night. What a loving son! :angel:

My father-in-law would tell us to put him on a bag at the curb for pick-up on trash day. Never made any plans or told us what to do - OR where anything we would need was! He was gonna live forever. Didn't. Getting things together was rough on Himself and his sister. Although SIL lived in FL too, about 200 miles from Dad, she was a basket case. She always is at any funeral. Won't even be going to her own. Loverly already knows pretty much how we want it to go, and when we move back home she'll know where everything is.

Shrek has asked me to do the same thing...

This is "Life With Shrek"

Last edited by a moderator:
I promised Shrek I would buy Hefty Bags instead of using store brand...actually it's all set I have both of our urns in the closet, we picked them out.

I promised Shrek I would buy Hefty Bags instead of using store brand...actually it's all set I have both of our urns in the closet, we picked them out.

The new bags are fortified, and can really stretch and hold a lot of body, er, I mean stuff. Cremation is a wonderful thing. Makes one so portable. Just make sure the crematory's burners are in good working order so there are no big chunks left. You want a texture of whole wheat flour.

Last edited:
The new bags are fortified, and can really stretch and hold a lot of body, er, I mean stuff. Cremation is a wonderful thing. Makes one so portable. Just make sure the crematory's burners are in good working order so there are no big chunks left. You want a texture of whole wheat flour.

Yes, we have it all set up and prepaid. We decided we wanted it all taken care of in case something happened, since we are so far away from family. I also like the idea that it's all covered if Shrek goes before I do, I won't have to deal with the details.

Yes, we have it all set up and prepaid. We decided we wanted it all taken care of in case something happened, since we are so far away from family. I also like the idea that it's all covered if Shrek goes before I do, I won't have to deal with the details.

Perfect. The only way to go, IMHO.

I did the funeral prearrangements for my aunt when she was in a nursing home and "spending down" her assets before Medicare kicked in. I was surprised how much fun it can be when you aren't under duress! Not only that, but the DIL f the owner was also a lawyer and advised that I give Auntie T. a good sendoff...so that we spend HER money on HER instead of ending up with the government. She's not there anymore, she's lawyering now. Hope her hubby is as smart when we go to take care of our business. ;)

The best time I had with Baby Bro and the Evil Thing (my sister) on the trip from Hell was when we sprinkled Mom around the lake where we spent our summers. No spouses or children allowed. And the three of us all have a sick, twisted sense of humor. It was a blast!

The best time I had with Baby Bro and the Evil Thing (my sister) on the trip from Hell was when we sprinkled Mom around the lake where we spent our summers. No spouses or children allowed. And the three of us all have a sick, twisted sense of humor. It was a blast!

I think I share that sense of humor.

Shrek and I both want to be sprinkled in the same place, but he has to wait for me so we are sprinkled together. We both spent our childhoods in the same spot, at different times. Baby Brother knows the exact spot, he spent his childhood there at a different time, too. He is willing to bend the laws to sprinkle us in the right place.

Back
Top Bottom