Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a firm believer that animals know instinctively what is good for them and what isn't. Stick a herd of cattle out on the range and they steer clear of any loco weed. Most canines are meat eaters. But every so often you will see them eating grass or some other vegetation. Vets, like doctors don't know EVERYTHING! They do know that chemically, there are foods like chocolate that are certainly not good for a dog. But this has been learned the hard way. If a dog loves bread, I say let him have it in moderation. :angel:

I know we are a bit off topic, but......

Foods That Can Be Poisonous to Pets : The Humane Society of the United States

I had a cat who loved chocolate cake. It was the first thing I ever caught her eating off my plate. She didn't want more than a little taste. The vet said that if she only ate a small amount, it probably wouldn't do her any harm. She lived to 15 1/2 y.o., having eaten it from her first year. It never made her puke.

My dad had a boxer that was the biggest toast eater ever. That is what both Dad and boxer had each morning for breakfast. They both loved it!

We also had a dog that always wanted to eat the hamburger and hotdog buns. He almost craved them. It is the only thing he ever took from the counter. I have since seen that bread is not good for dogs. You couldn't have convinced this dog of that. :wacko:

I trained a Saint who would do anything for toast. Another loved mini marshmallows. One of my dogs loved squash--she'd go in the compost and eat the shells. Another loved baking powder biscuits (the only time she'd counter surf). Yet another loved kale. He'd steal it off the counter when I brought it in from the garden. And yet another would raid the asparagus patch every year (I'd get the first few stalks, after that, it was a race between us to see which of us would get to the new stalks first).

I trained a Saint who would do anything for toast. Another loved mini marshmallows. One of my dogs loved squash--she'd go in the compost and eat the shells. Another loved baking powder biscuits (the only time she'd counter surf). Yet another loved kale. He'd steal it off the counter when I brought it in from the garden. And yet another would raid the asparagus patch every year (I'd get the first few stalks, after that, it was a race between us to see which of us would get to the new stalks first).

Funny, my bread loving dog was a Saint/Lab mix.

img_1287073_0_ddbc8d450f61fa773cb1e2922d9f6154.jpg

Back
Top Bottom