"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games

Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #2641
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Do they sell horse blinders at WS? I may need some too!
Once, just once I would like to go to bed and have nothing left undone. The only problem with that is the dust is always settling on your househohld while you sleep. As the saying goes, "A man works from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done."

Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #2642
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

Once, just once I would like to go to bed and have nothing left undone. The only problem with that is the dust is always settling on your househohld while you sleep. As the saying goes, "A man works from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done."
The hubby and I both have trouble shutting down our brains to go to sleep but for different reasons. He's usually the one remembering all the stuff he wanted to get done or fretting over the bills or planning the next day's chores. My brain just doesn't work like that. Even if I start out thinking about anything like that in seconds I've jumped to "It's cool the way leaves veins branch out who invented dental floss in the summer time, when the weather is hot no no no getting that song stuck in my head was that the cat that walked across my legs 'cause if not I'm going to need to kick something hey that dot left by looking at the light looks kind of like a hippo."

Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #2643
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
The hubby and I both have trouble shutting down our brains to go to sleep but for different reasons. He's usually the one remembering all the stuff he wanted to get done or fretting over the bills or planning the next day's chores. My brain just doesn't work like that. Even if I start out thinking about anything like that in seconds I've jumped to "It's cool the way leaves veins branch out who invented dental floss in the summer time, when the weather is hot no no no getting that song stuck in my head was that the cat that walked across my legs 'cause if not I'm going to need to kick something hey that dot left by looking at the light looks kind of like a hippo."
I think just like you do. All over the place. I can so relate!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #2644
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

I think just like you do. All over the place. I can so relate!
:D Sometimes I can amuse myself just by not reigning in my brain. It's interesting to see what it comes up with.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #2645
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Similar situation here too. We found a simple way to help that so we can get better rest.

Bought a couple of wee tiny little MP3 players and iFrogz earbuds - they actually fit in the ear unlike those round ones that sit there. Anyway .. we each recorded what we like for music and we put in our "ears" and the brain goes in the right direction. I change my music periodically .. it goes from just sounds like rain, or waves to oldies, to piano or organ to who the heck knows what !

We found that it really helps .. might want to give it a try !
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #2646
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Gotta love Jeff Foxworthy AND small towns, this was how I grew up:

Attachment 16429
LOL, I totally get it, growing up in rural Maine!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #2647
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Gotta love Jeff Foxworthy AND small towns, this was how I grew up:

Attachment 16429
As Bakechef wrote, I totally get it. I didn't grow up in a small town, but I lived in a village for four years.

He left out that one always stops for a car stopped at the side of the road and always picks up hitchhikers (unless you don't know the person and it's near the prison ). Might be your car that's stuck the next time.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #2648
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
LOL, I totally get it, growing up in rural Maine!
I grew up in Northern MN and gas stations still sell bait there!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #2649
Chef Extraordinaire

I didn't see that this one made it to this thread:
Old 11-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #2650
Chef Extraordinaire

Love it CWS