Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll try to blow it up. Basically, it states that ND handles cold just fine, and other states are sissies.

I'll try to blow it up. Basically, it states that ND handles cold just fine, and other states are sissies.

I chuckle all summer when reading my Maine friends moan and complain about the heat when it gets in the 80's. Here in the south we look forward to a break from the summer heat when it finally dips down into the 80's :LOL:

I chuckle all summer when reading my Maine friends moan and complain about the heat when it gets in the 80's. Here in the south we look forward to a break from the summer heat when it finally dips down into the 80's :LOL:

I chuckle all winter when our Florida relatives call and complain how cold it is in Florida when it's 60ºF in FL and 10ºF in MA.

Saw this on FB. It do understand. Why is the pic coming out so small? Let me try that again.

33814-albums1031-picture6266.jpg

Last edited:
I love spiders. They are natural at keeping plants clear of nasty pests. If one is in the house I catch it and relocate it outside.

I love spiders. They are natural at keeping plants clear of nasty pests. If one is in the house I catch it and relocate it outside.

I love spiders too. They fascinate me. I don't go out my back door since there's a little lady who's built her web across the step. Did you see my pics of my big girl who made her web at my front door? She was a beauty!

My friend who lives in Mexico keeps a pair of tongs out for spider and scorpion relocation. She gets tarantulas the size of your hand!

Last edited:
Hey now, you guys just don't understand. Your blood thins out or something after you've lived here for a few years. After my mom and I moved down here we would always go back for X-mas and it didn't bother me for the first few years. Then, we skipped a few years. After that, went back for X-mas 1 year and I thought I was going to die, couldn't get warm the whole time we were there no matter how many layers I wore or how many blankets I piled on at night. Never went back when it was cold there again. If they wanted X-mas with us, they could come to nice warm South Florida for a winter vacay.

I will admit though Craig and I laugh at how some people dress when it gets "cold" here. You'd think they were in Russia or something.

Last edited:
I chuckle all winter when our Florida relatives call and complain how cold it is in Florida when it's 60ºF in FL and 10ºF in MA.

I chuckle as well when we're in Mexico and the temp hits 60. The locals and expats break out the parkas, while we tourists are wandering around in swimsuits and tank tops.

When we're in Aruba in Jan/Feb it's nice to watch the weather forecasts at home and tease about the snow storms and cold but then we have to go back home and deal with it. Last year was the winter from hell and we missed the biggest storm of the winter!

Hey now, you guys just don't understand. Your blood thins out or something after you've lived here for a few years. After my mom and I moved down here we would always go back for X-mas and it didn't bother me for the first few years. Then, we skipped a few years. After that, went back for X-mas 1 year and I thought I was going to die, couldn't get warm the whole time we were there no matter how many layers I wore or how many blankets I piled on at night. Never went back when it was cold there again. If they wanted X-mas with us, they could come to nice warm South Florida for a winter vacay.

I will admit though Craig and I laugh at how some people dress when it gets "cold" here. You'd think they were in Russia or something.

I died with the heat the first year in Texas. When I came back to Boston in the Fall mind you, I dang near froze to death. It took a couple of years for my system to readjust to the weather that I had grown up in. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom