Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking about this innocent little game and maybe I'm paranoid but it's interesting how a few amusing little games like this would allow a phishing/scammer type person to collect information about an individual. :ermm::(:ohmy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NecK4MwOfeI

Paranoid (or hopefully just safety conscious) minds think alike. I checked out my name earlier, it was NOT a nice name, pretty scary actually, and then I had the same thought.

Paranoid (or hopefully just safety conscious) minds think alike. I checked out my name earlier, it was NOT a nice name, pretty scary actually, and then I had the same thought.

I think it should be fine. I borrowed it from the FB page of a friend of mine who was in IT (she's on the up and up) and I just posted the pic.

And it's villain names! They're supposed to be evil! It reminded me of the one awhile back where one posted the name of one's first pet, the street where you grew up, and a few other things, and came up with something like Lady Snuggles of Fabian Highway.

It's the surveys on FB that I won't do the regular way. You know that they are just scraping info. If I want to do any of that stuff, I do it in a brand new "private browsing" page.

I think it should be fine. I borrowed it from the FB page of a friend of mine who was in IT (she's on the up and up) and I just posted the pic.

And it's villain names! They're supposed to be evil! It reminded me of the one awhile back where one posted the name of one's first pet, the street where you grew up, and a few other things, and came up with something like Lady Snuggles of Fabian Highway.

Our online credit card rewards account was made inactive because we hadn't logged into it in several months. When we got on the phone with the bank to have it reinstated, they asked me several questions, including a series of questions about streets where I had once lived :huh:

It's the surveys on FB that I won't do the regular way. You know that they are just scraping info. If I want to do any of that stuff, I do it in a brand new "private browsing" page.

Yeah, I don't do FB surveys on FB or share my results.

That one is definitely phising as though 2 are answers to very common security questions on multiple sites.

Yup, that just about exactly what my phone saw, but even smaller.

Yes, a lovely dot on my phone too. The binoculars helped, and if I was camera-savy, I could have used them to take a pic. But others already did better!

That itty bitty one is about what I got from my cellphone, too. :LOL:
I used the night setting, cropped out a ton of air space, enlarged it, and ended up with an enlarged version of a fuzzy blur. LOL

Last edited:
That itty bitty one is about what I got from my cellphone, too. :LOL:
I used the night setting, cropped out a ton of air space, enlarged it, and ended up with an enlarged version of a fuzzy blur. LOL

:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom