Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Black-Friday-Meme-05.jpg

Ha. and here I was thinking how do companies in other countries survive without Black Friday sales and all that commotion.
Well, we have it here in UK but, the news today revealed that there has been an online spending surge both here and in US
dontknow.gif
More dignified at least!

Huh? Er...Gene Wilder is American, so it is an American joke not British! Ha!
rolleyespink.gif

Are you saying you actually think Gene Wilder said that? It's a meme. Someone took that image and put words on it. And it's not a joke - it's preachy.

By British humor,I meant that you apparently think it's funny, since you posted it in this thread.

Last edited:
Are you saying you actually think Gene Wilder said that? It's a meme. Someone took that image and put words on it. And it's not a joke - it's preachy.

By British humor,I meant that you apparently think it's funny, since you posted it in this thread.
This

And then said the Brits were more dignified

This

And then said the Brits were more dignified
???? What?

I am sorry you seem to have difficulty in understanding me. My sentences were fairly straightforward, i.e. not cryptic. I was referring to shopping online being more dignified, i.e. regardless of country. If you read it again you will see it says both UK and US.
780422031.gif

However, when I first joined here I was tipped off about the attitude to those who are not American, notably the Brits and I now see why. Jeez. Chill!!!

Last edited:
I must be less sensitive. I took no offense. It's just a quip.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking
Thank you.
color.gif

It was not a barbed/targeted joke at all since Black Friday is not just an American event, i.e. occurs in UK too.

???? What?

I am sorry you seem to have difficulty in understanding me. My sentences were fairly straightforward, i.e. not cryptic. I was referring to shopping online being more dignified, i.e. regardless of country.
780422031.gif

However, when I first joined here I was tipped off about the attitude to those who are not American, notably the Brits and I now see why. Jeez. Chill!!!
I apologize. I did misread that. I don't have my knickers in a twist. (Someone from the US would say, "panties in a bunch".)

Thank you.
color.gif

It was not a barbed/targeted joke at all since Black Friday is not just an American event, i.e. occurs in UK too.
It has been taking place in the US for many decades. This is the first year that I am hearing that it takes place in the UK too. I believe it is because of the influence of US retailers on the internet. Black Friday, as an event for sales, is fairly new in Canada.

There was nothing wrong with creative's post. The Gene Wilder pic has been used for many other things as well! Let's get back to posting funny stuff!

Hilarious, Marc!

I just want to add a general comment about Black Fridays. For a few years, I worked in a mall that offered free gift wrap for anything bought in the mall. Any store. (HooBoy, have you ever tried to wrap a kayak? :wacko: Don't ask...) Anyway, most of the people who showed up at our unit had been shopping for gifts to give on their December holiday of choice. Not only were there hundreds of people very thankful for the fact that we were saving them the time and trouble of wrapping the presents, they in turn made many family members and friends very thankful for being gifted with something nice. So, no matter what some internet meme may say, there is a way to be thankful in all we do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom