Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone else read any of Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching books? If you have you might appreciate this short bit of dialogue from Wintersmith,

"Aye, well, we're as light as wee feathers," said Big Yan [a Nac Mac Feegle or Pictsie - they are about six inches tall]. "An' the wind blowin' through the kilt keeps a man well aloft, ye ken."

"I'm sure that's a sight to see," said Nanny Ogg.

:ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I've been giggling about that all day.

Kylie, Thanks. I often use one or the other pic in my school email signature with a "Work for the prize." caption. I also have a large collection of mouse figurines, but that's another long story.

taxlady said:
Has anyone else read any of Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching books? If you have you might appreciate this short bit of dialogue from Wintersmith,

"Aye, well, we're as light as wee feathers," said Big Yan [a Nac Mac Feegle or Pictsie - they are about six inches tall]. "An' the wind blowin' through the kilt keeps a man well aloft, ye ken."

:LOL:

Will have to check those out!

I think a Nac Mac Feegle has made off with my copy, will have to track it down.

It's never too early to start thinking about the holidays !!!

The Meatnativity !!

img_1155097_0_97b229288fd49a053c8e746479866713.jpg

I think a Nac Mac Feegle has made off with my copy, will have to track it down.
Have you read any of the other ones with Feegles?

BTW, that was brilliant writing on the part of Terry Pratchett. The first part of the quote is pretty good, but when you read what Nanny Ogg says, you can't help visualizing the little blue guys floating with their kilts all puffed out and their ..., well you get the picture. (It comes up earlier in this book that they don't wear anything under their kilts.)

Have you read any of the other ones with Feegles?

BTW, that was brilliant writing on the part of Terry Pratchett. The first part of the quote is pretty good, but when you read what Nanny Ogg says, you can't help visualizing the little blue guys floating with their kilts all puffed out and their ..., well you get the picture. (It comes up earlier in this book that they don't wear anything under their kilts.)

Yes, I've read all of them except Wintersmith.

Picked uo a new series...Pratchett and Stephen Baxter, The Long Earth, it may be my next read. I have too many choices...:wacko:

I get Danish recipes by email - a weekly menu guide, with recipes arriving daily. Some of them are really hokey.

Today, I got one for "Wienie rissoto". It uses long grain rice, curry powder, green peppers, leeks, and chicken wienies. Sometimes the Danish interpretation of an international dish is a bit bizarre.

Um, no. As I said to Stirling, "We don't have kids, we don't have to eat stuff like that." :LOL:

taxlady said:
I get Danish recipes by email - a weekly menu guide, with recipes arriving daily. Some of them are really hokey.

Today, I got one for "Wienie rissoto". It uses long grain rice, curry powder, green peppers, leeks, and chicken wienies. Sometimes the Danish interpretation of an international dish is a bit bizarre.

Um, no. As I said to Stirling, "We don't have kids, we don't have to eat stuff like that." :LOL:

Sounds, umm, interesting....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom