Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, GG, that can be so accurate!

This makes me remember back to ages ago when I had a real-life friend who was native Canadian. She straightened me up about the correct distinction between "American" and "US Citizen". Understandably, many Americans to the north and south of our country's borders take umbrage with us thinking the term "American" applies exclusively to US. We forget that Canadians and Mexicans are still residents of North America - hence, "Americans". I don't know if that's still the feeling today, or that the dear Canadian people have just given up on us! :LOL:

Wow, GG, that can be so accurate!

This makes me remember back to ages ago when I had a real-life friend who was native Canadian. She straightened me up about the correct distinction between "American" and "US Citizen". Understandably, many Americans to the north and south of our country's borders take umbrage with us thinking the term "American" applies exclusively to US. We forget that Canadians and Mexicans are still residents of North America - hence, "Americans". I don't know if that's still the feeling today, or that the dear Canadian people have just given up on us! :LOL:
That's one of the reasons people use the the terms "Merkan", "Merikan, "'Murkan", etc.

Last edited:
Most Canadians that I know don't care to be called Americans, nor do they care if we call ourselves it. Afterall, it's the last word in our name, but it's not in either Canada's or Mexico's. So it's somewhat just a shortening of our whole name.

Most Canadians that I know don't care to be called Americans, nor do they care if we call ourselves it. Afterall, it's the last word in our name, but it's not in either Canada's or Mexico's. So it's somewhat just a shortening of our whole name.

Canadien of America or Mexican of America? Just doesn't sound right. So how would I answer when someone asks me what I am. Native of North America? I think I will just stick with what I use now. Native American. Less confusing to me and the other person.

This isn't your run-of-the-mill "Today's Funny." I drove to a doctor's appointment this morning and, after I left the office, I had a short errand to run in a little strip shopping area.

I have handicap tags, so I was fortunate enough to park on an end space of the double rows of parking. As I was getting ready to exit my car, I noticed what appeared to be an almost brand new Toyota car. A convertible. So what?

Well, the so what is that the top was down. Not too surprising except that, in the sun, it's barely above freezing today. Not my kind of day to do the top down thing

The driver was, literally, a little old lady with a babushka on, typical older lady glasses and a big smile. Next to her, in the passenger seat, was her floosy-doosy walker. Yep, walker. Between her and the walker was a little dust mop dog. Pekinese or some such breed, bouncing around like it had springs in its feet.

My first thought was that the mechanism that raised and lowered the top was broken. Nope. I was disabused of that idea when she parked directly across the aisle from me and proceeded to raise the top to its completed position, rolled the windows up, removed her walker, patted the dog on its head and she and her walker wheeled across the lot to the dollar store.

I wish I'd had the forethought to have taken a picture. Never can remember that my "dumb" phone can do that.

The cold didn't seem to phase her and she and the dog seemed to be happy as a clam at high tide. Maybe she suffers from extreme hot flashes. I have my doubts. If she was as old as she looked, she'd be waaaay past that.

Quite a sight and I nearly laughed all the way home.

Last edited:
This isn't your run-of-the-mill "Today's Funny." I drove to a doctor's appointment this morning and, after I left the office, I had a short errand to run in a little strip shopping area.

I have handicap tags, so I was fortunate enough to park on an end space of the double rows of parking. As I was getting ready to exit my car, I noticed what appeared to be an almost brand new Toyota car. A convertible. So what?

Well, the so what is that the top was down. Not too surprising except that, in the sun, it's barely above freezing today. Not my kind of day to do the top down thing

The driver was, literally, a little old lady with a babushka on, typical older lady glasses and a big smile. Next to her, in the passenger seat, was her floosy-doosy walker. Yep, walker. Between her and the walker was a little dust mop dog. Pekinese or some such breed, bouncing around like it had springs in its feet.

My first thought was that the mechanism that raised and lowered the top was broken. Nope. I was disabused of that idea when she parked directly across the aisle from me and proceeded to raise the top to its completed position, rolled the windows up, removed her walker, patted the dog in its head and she and her walker wheeled across the lot to the dollar store.

I wish I'd had the forethought to have taken a picture. Never can remember that my "dumb" phone can do that.

The cold didn't seem to phase her and she and the dog seemed to be happy as a clam at high tide. Maybe she suffers from extreme hot flashes. I have my doubts. If she was as old as she looked, she'd be waaaay past that.

Quite a sight and I nearly laughed all the way home.

"When I am old, I shall wear purple..." and drive a convertible with the top down and the wind in my hair! :LOL: :cool:

:LOL: Katie!

When I was a teen, my friends and I would hop in my mom's convertible, and cruise around town with the top down. In the dead of winter. In northern ND. Because why not?

Last edited:
:LOL: Katie!

When I was a teen, my friends and I would hop in my mom's convertible, and cruise around town with the top down. In the dead of winter. In northern ND. Because why not?

But that was when you were young and stupid, not old and eccentric:LOL:

I don't remember if this has been posted here before.

Cats_028d0c_6087113.jpg

At one time I was jockeying cars for a Rental company. When we had to move convertibles we were not "supposed" to put the tops down. Well, approx. one block from HQ, down would come the tops, crank up the heat to screaming and away we would go! It was hilarious to see other drivers faces. Only worked if we were going to another station far enough but it was fun! Most of the young jockey's were 'polite' to 'gramma' (me) but they soon learned to reach past me and grab the convertible keys first! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom