Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just sent that to my daughter. She loves ancient Egypt and Bastet is her fav. She asked for a perfume named Bastet for Christmas and I found a tee shirt that has these huge cat eyes right at the tatas (she's "blessed" like me) with a few other symbols in the design. She's being difficult to buy for this year, says there's nothing she really wants or needs.

Hee hee! That sounds like a great shirt :LOL: I love ancient Egypt, too. My parents took us to the King Tut exhibit at a museum in Chicago when I was 12 and I was smitten.

Hee hee! That sounds like a great shirt :LOL: I love ancient Egypt, too. My parents took us to the King Tut exhibit at a museum in Chicago when I was 12 and I was smitten.

Loved the Tut exhibit in Chi-town!

The shirt sounds cute!

She goes to every Egyptian exhibit she can and watches the PBS shows and reads book, etc. We spent the majority of a day in the Vatican museums just in the Egyptian rooms. I refused to go back to that part on subsequent days, knew I'd never get her out, besides the fact that we ended up with a security guard sort of following us around toward the end of the day. I think he thought we were casing the place. There also happened to be a traveling exhibit showcasing 1 of the Queens, Nefertiri or Nefertiti, don't remember which, when we were in Rome that we got to spend a morning at, well off the beaten path. I think the taxi driver thought we were crazy when we gave him the addy. They had King Tut in Tampa (I think) several years back and she went to that.

Last edited:
I just sent that to my daughter. She loves ancient Egypt and Bastet is her fav. She asked for a perfume named Bastet for Christmas and I found a tee shirt that has these huge cat eyes right at the tatas (she's "blessed" like me) with a few other symbols in the design. She's being difficult to buy for this year, says there's nothing she really wants or needs.

I know that I don't want anything that has to be cleaned. I now prefer money. Even dirty money.

She goes to every Egyptian exhibit she can and watches the PBS shows and reads book, etc. We spent the majority of a day in the Vatican museums just in the Egyptian rooms. I refused to go back to that part on subsequent days, knew I'd never get her out, besides the fact that we ended up with a security guard sort of following us around toward the end of the day. I think he thought we were casing the place. There also happened to be a traveling exhibit showcasing 1 of the Queens, Nefertiri or Nefertiti, don't remember which, when we were in Rome that we got to spend a morning at, well off the beaten path. I think the taxi driver thought we were crazy when we gave him the addy. They had King Tut in Tampa (I think) several years back and she went to that.

My sister and I went to see the Egyptian exhibit many years ago when it came to Boston and the Museum of Science. After that she fell in love and saved up for years and finally went to Egypt for a ten day stay. Did the whole tourist thing. Even riding a camel. Had a cartouch with her name made.

My sister and I went to see the Egyptian exhibit many years ago when it came to Boston and the Museum of Science. After that she fell in love and saved up for years and finally went to Egypt for a ten day stay. Did the whole tourist thing. Even riding a camel. Had a cartouch with her name made.

I have one of those. DH got it for me when he was on deployment with the Navy and the ship stopped in Alexandria.

When we were picking out where to go on our trip, DD really wanted to go to Egypt. There was a combo land/cruise trip that we looked at. However, at the time we were going, that part of the world was experiencing a big uptick in the unrest that is unfortunately so common in that area. Being that it was just going to be me and her traveling, plus the fact that I had already been to Italy several times and felt comfortable there, I vetoed going to Egypt. If it had been me and Craig, I probably would have gone, but to take my kid even though she was technically an adult in her early 20s, big nope. Yes, I was an overprotective mom since she is an only.

When we were picking out where to go on our trip, DD really wanted to go to Egypt. There was a combo land/cruise trip that we looked at. However, at the time we were going, that part of the world was experiencing a big uptick in the unrest that is unfortunately so common in that area. Being that it was just going to be me and her traveling, plus the fact that I had already been to Italy several times and felt comfortable there, I vetoed going to Egypt. If it had been me and Craig, I probably would have gone, but to take my kid even though she was technically an adult in her early 20s, big nope. Yes, I was an overprotective mom since she is an only.

Understand. A couple teacher friends of mine won grants to go basically anywhere, and both really wanted to go to Egypt. Sadly, it got taken off the list due to the unrest.

I'd have no problem going if it was just DH and me. Love ancient Egyptian history. And as I understand, the snorkeling is fabulous in the Red Sea.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people will be able to relate to this at the moment.

Yep. Except for the spiders that live in my basement, and the snakes that live in the garage in order to terrify DH that I get to remove, we're fine in the Great White North.

Yep. Except for the spiders that live in my basement, and the snakes that live in the garage in order to terrify DH that I get to remove, we're fine in the Great White North.
I generally like spiders. I'm not so sure I would want to find one that big running around my house.

I generally like spiders. I'm not so sure I would want to find one that big running around my house.

I learned from a friend who lives in the jungle in Mexico to always have a spare set of tongs. She gets tarantulas, boas, and scorpions. DH eeks at spiders and snakes up here. The tongs come in handy. I keep them separate from my food tongs.

My sister went by herself. She told me one thing she did that I am still shaking my head over. You CANNOT take pictures inside any tomb that has paintings on the wall. The constant flash from cameras they found, damages the painting and causes the paint to fade. She snuck a couple of pictures without getting caught. When the group was leaving the tomb, she hung back until she was last. The guide was at the head. Just before she left the tomb, she turned quickly and took two pictures. When she told me what she had done, I couldn't help it, I had to admonish her. I refused to allow her to tell me anything more about her trip. I can't imagine visiting a country and deliberately disobeying their rules an laws. The Ugly American!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom