Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i-made-my-steering-wheel-full-of-cleansing-energy-now-26644293.png

:ohmy::ermm::ROFLMAO:

I'm going to the beach in 3 days ����������

I had a crazy ex husband so I didn't go for years. My fiancé hates the beach but he said go with your gal friends and kiddo. I'm sooooooo excited even if its short!

I'm soooooooo
jealous Merlot!
We went to Newport Beach California last October,
I NEED THE OCEAN!!!

I completely understand. Five times I have left Massachusetts, only to return again and again. And all because I missed being within walking distance of the Atlantic Ocean. When I lived in Honolulu, I had a job transcribing medical notes from a tape. I would send Poo off to school and head for Ala Moana Beach and be done in time for when he got home from school. When I lived in Texas, it was right on the waterfront of the Gulf. Tacoma, right on Pudget Sound. I used to go watch the Orcas return every year.

But none of those waters were the Atlantic Ocean. So I understand.

I guess you need to be born by the shore to want to live by the shore. All of you beach lovers are welcome to my patch of sand. I'd much rather have country roads with trees and hills.

I know better than to make any "I live on the beach" comments... :wacko:

Ross
And you pay dearly for that privilege. :flowers: Your apartment is 700 square feet. Our last house had a Great Room (family room, kitchen, dinette) that measured 21X31. Then there was the formal living room, the dining room, four bedrooms, including a 14x30 Master Suite...

I guess you need to be born by the shore to want to live by the shore. All of you beach lovers are welcome to my patch of sand. I'd much rather have country roads with trees and hills.

And you pay dearly for that privilege. :flowers: Your apartment is 700 square feet. Our last house had a Great Room (family room, kitchen, dinette) that measured 21X31. Then there was the formal living room, the dining room, four bedrooms, including a 14x30 Master Suite...

Yes, we pay dearly and love doing so to be home.. Downsizing is something I'd not have considered 20 years ago but its amazing how easy it was @ our age..
We miss certain things which having space offered except where housework is involved.. I miss outdoor space more than anything else.. :)

Ross

CG, I will take your patch of sand any day. On a day like today(overcast and foggy) you can smell the salt air. And you know when stormy weather is on the way. All the sea gulls come inshore and sit on top of our building. It is a small beach and most of the folks in Eastie don't know about it. It is more of a park, than a beach. At low tide you can walk right across to the airport. (But don't try it) And in spite of the lack of really deep water, we have a lifeguard on duty. Picnic tables, a food stand, (of excellent quality) grass areas for kids to play on, a walking trail that leads all the way down to the far end of Eastie. A good hours walk. I have gone on that trail half way on my scooter.

On a cool day, I love to go early in the morning, find an empty table and sit while I do my sewing. I get to see the planes lined up for take off, see the planes come in for landing, and watch families arrive with their children. I even share my table with some. I really don't need a full table to do some sewing.

LOL

I could go barefoot and no one would know - the tan lines of my thongs look like white thongs!

Gads - have to take a pic!

On the other hand, Kayelle, folks who are born near the ocean don't understand how the rest of us can actually love being inland. I know I'm not a city mouse and would never want to live in The City, but I loved living in our outlying suburb in Ohio. Big lots, farmland still in that suburb, but real farms about a half-hour away...as was the Lake. Lake Erie isn't an ocean, but I can't see Canada so it was always good enough for me. :LOL: Besides, I hateHateHate the sticky feeling you get from being in salt water. I'd rather walk along a beach on a freshwater body of water and smell the country air.

Back
Top Bottom