Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cat4.jpg

Great headstone.
I always remember being told this as a young man. A woman is looking for a man that will open doors for them, but slap them on the ar$& as you go through.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Russ

Kgirl - my kind of thinking! I'll stick a on note on the "Jim".

So now instead of "He's in the library." you can say "He's in the "Jim"

at which point the caller could comment - "Wow, didn't know you had a home jim."

making the perfect entrance for your comment - "Doesn't everybody?"

and on and on and...

K-Girl, I just used my fingernail. :LOL:

I remember them days, my kids won't,lol.

Russ
Himself and I were just listing a lot of things that younger people won't "get". I know when I was growing up, my folks used to explain old-time expressions and actions they had when they were growing up. We've used lots of those expressions with our own kids over the years - and most of them haven't needed explaining. But neither of them have kids or look like they'll be adding to the population, so I guess any old expressions will die off with them.

Our daughter was around 4th grade, so maybe 10 years old? It was about 1993 or '94. She got to be a helper in the school office. One day one of her classmates had to use the office phone to call her Mom - the girl wasn't feeling good and needed to go home. They had a rotary dial in the office. The sick girl looked at the phone and said "how do I use it"? Since Grandma had an old rotary phone at home, our daughter got to show her.

K-Girl, I just used my fingernail. :LOL:

Himself and I were just listing a lot of things that younger people won't "get". I know when I was growing up, my folks used to explain old-time expressions and actions they had when they were growing up. We've used lots of those expressions with our own kids over the years - and most of them haven't needed explaining. But neither of them have kids or look like they'll be adding to the population, so I guess any old expressions will die off with them.

Our daughter was around 4th grade, so maybe 10 years old? It was about 1993 or '94. She got to be a helper in the school office. One day one of her classmates had to use the office phone to call her Mom - the girl wasn't feeling good and needed to go home. They had a rotary dial in the office. The sick girl looked at the phone and said "how do I use it"? Since Grandma had an old rotary phone at home, our daughter got to show her.

Cooking goddess I know exactly what you are saying. We have a lot of family sayings that are distinct to us. My grandkids all are familiar with them. It amuses me when my gks say something in front of their friends that only us know what it means, I hope it carries on.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom