"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #4511
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I think the "when suddenly" is that all these doggies showed up.
Like you, the doggies are waiting for the "what" also. Look at the expressions on their faces. Mouths open, along with wide eyes.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #4512
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I think the "when suddenly" is that all these doggies showed up.
That's what it's like at work when I eat lunch, swap out the dog on the left for a shi-tzu and the chocolate lab for an Australian Shepard.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #4513
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
I promised Shrek I would buy Hefty Bags instead of using store brand...actually it's all set I have both of our urns in the closet, we picked them out.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #4514
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I promised Shrek I would buy Hefty Bags instead of using store brand...actually it's all set I have both of our urns in the closet, we picked them out.
The new bags are fortified, and can really stretch and hold a lot of body, er, I mean stuff. Cremation is a wonderful thing. Makes one so portable. Just make sure the crematory's burners are in good working order so there are no big chunks left. You want a texture of whole wheat flour.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #4515
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
The new bags are fortified, and can really stretch and hold a lot of body, er, I mean stuff. Cremation is a wonderful thing. Makes one so portable. Just make sure the crematory's burners are in good working order so there are no big chunks left. You want a texture of whole wheat flour.
Yes, we have it all set up and prepaid. We decided we wanted it all taken care of in case something happened, since we are so far away from family. I also like the idea that it's all covered if Shrek goes before I do, I won't have to deal with the details.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #4516
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Yes, we have it all set up and prepaid. We decided we wanted it all taken care of in case something happened, since we are so far away from family. I also like the idea that it's all covered if Shrek goes before I do, I won't have to deal with the details.
Perfect. The only way to go, IMHO.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #4517
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,875
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
A friend of mine was extremely relieved, when her mother died, that her parents had arranged everything ahead of time.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #4518
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,259
I did the funeral prearrangements for my aunt when she was in a nursing home and "spending down" her assets before Medicare kicked in. I was surprised how much fun it can be when you aren't under duress! Not only that, but the DIL f the owner was also a lawyer and advised that I give Auntie T. a good sendoff...so that we spend HER money on HER instead of ending up with the government. She's not there anymore, she's lawyering now. Hope her hubby is as smart when we go to take care of our business.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #4519
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,098
The best time I had with Baby Bro and the Evil Thing (my sister) on the trip from Hell was when we sprinkled Mom around the lake where we spent our summers. No spouses or children allowed. And the three of us all have a sick, twisted sense of humor. It was a blast!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #4520
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
The best time I had with Baby Bro and the Evil Thing (my sister) on the trip from Hell was when we sprinkled Mom around the lake where we spent our summers. No spouses or children allowed. And the three of us all have a sick, twisted sense of humor. It was a blast!
I think I share that sense of humor.

Shrek and I both want to be sprinkled in the same place, but he has to wait for me so we are sprinkled together. We both spent our childhoods in the same spot, at different times. Baby Brother knows the exact spot, he spent his childhood there at a different time, too. He is willing to bend the laws to sprinkle us in the right place.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.