Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a.jpg

aa.jpg

aaa.jpg

K-Girl, that reminds me of an old, old joke from back when I was a kid. We were at a party to celebrate some occasion (cousin's high school graduation, maybe?) at an uncle's house. His wife was a rather stuffy, thought she was better than most people kind of person. My Mom had told a joke to my Dad's sister about a foul-mouthed young lady being sent off to a finishing school, where they taught her to use the word "fantastic" anytime she wanted to use the word "bull....". A little while later, my Aunt-in-law was walking around pointing out all the new decorating, furnishings, and accessories that she had done since we were there the last time. I though my Mom was going to split a gut as my Aunt H would exclaim "Fantastic!" each time Aunt Fuddy-Duddy pointed out something new.

CG - I had a similar story about a young southern girl sent to finishing school. After graduation she had occasion to meet another southern girl from a very rich family. This girl was continually bragging about how her daddy would buy her this and that for graduation, engagement, wedding etc. After each of these descriptions the young girl would say "That's nice"
She finished the conversation by saying although her daddy couldn't afford to buy her all those gifts, he was able to send her to a fine finishing school where they taught her to say "That's nice! instead of f.. y..!"

So peoples! just remember these stories when you brag and hear "Fantastic" and "That's nice."

Back
Top Bottom