LOL--- I just have to tell the story of a Christmas Eve get-together with a couple of neighbors. Our tradition, since there were no children involved was to buy or make fancy finger food to nosh on all evening. The neighbor wife brought a chocolate decadence cake which we put out on the screened porch for later. Because it was a fairly warm night (California) we had the door open a bit from the front room to the porch.
When it was time to bring in the cake we discovered our two Dobies out there with Chocolate Decadence all over their mugs and part of the cake missing! We just cleaned it up a bit and joined them.
Which of course put paid to the story that chocolate is poisonous to dogs.
(But I don't want anyone else to feed chocolate to their dogs, just in case!)