Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EASTER PAINTBALLS.jpg

My neighbour was working in his yard when he was startled by a late-model car that came crashing through his hedge and ended up on his front lawn.
He rushed to help an elderly lady driver out of the car and sat her down on a lawn chair.

After he had made sure she wasn't hurt, he said to her:

“You appear quite elderly to be driving.”

“Well, yes, I am,” she replied proudly.

“I’ll be 97 next month, and I am now old enough that I don’t even need a driver’s license anymore.”

“You don’t need a driver’s license anymore?!?”

That’s right! The last time I went to my doctor, he examined me and asked if I had a driver’s license. I told him ‘yes’ and handed it to him.

He took scissors out of the drawer, cut the license into pieces, and threw them in the wastebasket, saying,

‘You won’t need this anymore.

So I thanked him and left!”

And so you see, seniors don't need driver's licenses anymore!

I believe there was a time when seniors in some places didn't need driver's licenses. People who had driven for a while when driver's licenses first came into existence, were not required to get one in some places. But, I doubt that those seniors are still alive. I'm reminded of a woman I read about. She was quite elderly, but insisted that she didn't need to renew her pilot's license. She had one signed by one of the Wright brothers and it had no expiry date. BTW, apparently she had another pilot's license that did need renewing. It was for piloting a jet engine aircraft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom