"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games

Old 09-15-2015, 12:29 AM   #6871
Senior Cook

I love spiders. They are natural at keeping plants clear of nasty pests. If one is in the house I catch it and relocate it outside.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:36 AM   #6872
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Today's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodieFanatic View Post
I love spiders. They are natural at keeping plants clear of nasty pests. If one is in the house I catch it and relocate it outside.

I love spiders too. They fascinate me. I don't go out my back door since there's a little lady who's built her web across the step. Did you see my pics of my big girl who made her web at my front door? She was a beauty!

My friend who lives in Mexico keeps a pair of tongs out for spider and scorpion relocation. She gets tarantulas the size of your hand!

Old 09-15-2015, 12:43 AM   #6873
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Taxy, that is too funny!
Old 09-15-2015, 12:54 AM   #6874
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I chuckle all winter when our Florida relatives call and complain how cold it is in Florida when it's 60F in FL and 10F in MA.
Oh yeah. Makes my heart just flood with sympathy for them. In their dreams.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:27 AM   #6875
Head Chef

Hey now, you guys just don't understand. Your blood thins out or something after you've lived here for a few years. After my mom and I moved down here we would always go back for X-mas and it didn't bother me for the first few years. Then, we skipped a few years. After that, went back for X-mas 1 year and I thought I was going to die, couldn't get warm the whole time we were there no matter how many layers I wore or how many blankets I piled on at night. Never went back when it was cold there again. If they wanted X-mas with us, they could come to nice warm South Florida for a winter vacay.

I will admit though Craig and I laugh at how some people dress when it gets "cold" here. You'd think they were in Russia or something.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #6876
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Thinking I might have to add these to Kleenex's Lays Potato Chip new flavor reviews:

Name:   ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1442332848.402308.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  39.1 KB
Old 09-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #6877
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Hey now, you guys just don't understand. Your blood thins out or something after you've lived here for a few years...
Sure we understand. You're not one of us any more.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #6878
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I chuckle all winter when our Florida relatives call and complain how cold it is in Florida when it's 60F in FL and 10F in MA.

I chuckle as well when we're in Mexico and the temp hits 60. The locals and expats break out the parkas, while we tourists are wandering around in swimsuits and tank tops.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:24 PM   #6879
Certified Pretend Chef

When we're in Aruba in Jan/Feb it's nice to watch the weather forecasts at home and tease about the snow storms and cold but then we have to go back home and deal with it. Last year was the winter from hell and we missed the biggest storm of the winter!
Old 09-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #6880
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Hey now, you guys just don't understand. Your blood thins out or something after you've lived here for a few years. After my mom and I moved down here we would always go back for X-mas and it didn't bother me for the first few years. Then, we skipped a few years. After that, went back for X-mas 1 year and I thought I was going to die, couldn't get warm the whole time we were there no matter how many layers I wore or how many blankets I piled on at night. Never went back when it was cold there again. If they wanted X-mas with us, they could come to nice warm South Florida for a winter vacay.

I will admit though Craig and I laugh at how some people dress when it gets "cold" here. You'd think they were in Russia or something.
I died with the heat the first year in Texas. When I came back to Boston in the Fall mind you, I dang near froze to death. It took a couple of years for my system to readjust to the weather that I had grown up in.