Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If this has already been shared, sorry! (This cat--not the "royal" one--looks just like our cat Booder Dooders!).

Last edited by a moderator:
img_1175611_0_e1c4567e4ef233083adc2aa528247efc.jpg

Oh my gosh they send us both things all of the time trying to get us to join. What part of "we don't want to be members" don't they understand?

I don't know how to get them to stop, but being members has saved us a lot of money. Our AARP card got Shrek a $135 discount on his new glasses, Medicare paid absolutely nothing. Hotel and motel discounts have more than paid for our memberships over the years.

Besides, AARP hopes at some point you forget you don't want their mail...then they got you.

I don't know how to get them to stop, but being members has saved us a lot of money. Our AARP card got Shrek a $135 discount on his new glasses, Medicare paid absolutely nothing. Hotel and motel discounts have more than paid for our memberships over the years.

Besides, AARP hopes at some point you forget you don't want their mail...then they got you.
James was already a member (because of my membership) when he turned 50, but he started getting some of their mail. Now he doesn't get it (at least I don't remember any lately), but sometimes Barbara Pendleton (my name before I married James) does.

Which reminds me of something funny, but not funny at the same time. I used to take National Geographic. After years of taking it, they sent me some mail accidentally addressed to "Barbara Pendleto." Within a few months I started getting junk mail from other places addressed to Barbara Pendleto. So if you ever wondered, yes National Geographic does sell your name and address! :LOL::mad::LOL:

James was already a member (because of my membership) when he turned 50, but he started getting some of their mail. Now he doesn't get it (at least I don't remember any lately), but sometimes Barbara Pendleton (my name before I married James) does.

Which reminds me of something funny, but not funny at the same time. I used to take National Geographic. After years of taking it, they sent me some mail accidentally addressed to "Barbara Pendleto." Within a few months I started getting junk mail from other places addressed to Barbara Pendleto. So if you ever wondered, yes National Geographic does sell your name and address! :LOL::mad::LOL:

I get things sent to Fiona Mans....that is not my last name, they've lopped off a lot of it. And it is National Geographic, too. Interesting.

I joined CARP when I turned 50. I kept the membership for a few years because it wasn't much for the membership. But, I got better deals with my corporate AMEX and now I get better deals through CAA.

I only bothered to quit because I got so much junk mail from them.

So many magazines, etc. will sell mailing lists. Sometimes I will just use initials or do something so I can tell who sold the list.

We get discounts for all sorts of different things by being members of car clubs, the NRA, and various other things, but choose not to be a member of AARP. I have tried to get them to stop sending the offers, but they keep coming.

My telephone is under my maiden name. And I get mail with that name. It is the only account I have using my maiden name. But the real shocker is when I get mail with my first married name. I haven't used that name since the late 60's. That is when I got married for the second time.

I love to take a prepaid envelope and stuff it with offers from other companies and mail it back. It doesn't matter what company name is on the envelope. I just make sure my name is not on any of the stuff I send them. :huh:

Addie said:
My telephone is under my maiden name. And I get mail with that name. It is the only account I have using my maiden name. But the real shocker is when I get mail with my first married name. I haven't used that name since the late 60's. That is when I got married for the second time.

I love to take a prepaid envelope and stuff it with offers from other companies and mail it back. It doesn't matter what company name is on the envelope. I just make sure my name is not on any of the stuff I send them. :huh:

+1 I HATE HATE HATE junk mail!!

Sales calls too. I've been getting this recorded sales call saying they have great news about my credit card account, but I've never had a credit card...

Last edited:

Sales calls too. I've been getting this recorded sales call saying they have great news about my credit card account, but I've never had a credit card...

I get those calls too. Depending on what mood I am in, I will press #2 and talk to a live person. I pretend I don't understand what the problem is. I pay my bill and above the required amount. I am never late. I can keep that person on the phone for about five minutes wasting their time so that they can't go on to the next call that just might give them a commission. I am good. I can even make them think I am crying because that person is going to shut off my credit card immediately. A couple of times I have even gone into hysterics.

My mailbox used to be filled everyday with junk mail. I started to take a sharpie and wrote across the envelope without opening it, "Return To Sender." Our boxes are those small ones that the mailman opens a door to. the outgoing mailbox is just below them. So I just put them "Returns" right back into the outgoing mailbox. I did this for about two months. Now I very rarely get junk mail. Evidently, when they get it back, they take my name of their mailing list. :LOL:

I dedicate this one to anyone who has ever done bunny ears on someone in a photo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom