"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #7021
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Love that one Aunt Bea.

And another video that shows men and dogs and sheep:

__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #7022
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Love that one Aunt Bea.

And another video that shows men and dogs and sheep:

I love these things.

It amazes me how much time, talent, energy and technology people put into these videos just to make me laugh!
__________________

__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #7023
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,134
Lutefisk. Blech.

Name:   ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1448060186.649770.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  21.0 KB
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #7024
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Lutefisk. Blech.
Attachment 23855
One of these days I will have to try lutefisk.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #7025
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
One of these days I will have to try lutefisk.

Don't bother. It's nasty.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #7026
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Don't bother. It's nasty.
So I have been told. But, sometimes I like weird stuff that other people don't like. Danish licorice comes to mind.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #7027
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,134
Today's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
So I have been told. But, sometimes I like weird stuff that other people don't like. Danish licorice comes to mind.

Give me Danish or Canadian licorice any time. It's actually edible, unlike lutefisk.

If you have a Lutheran church anywhere nearby, that may be a good way to check out lutefisk. That way you can spit it out without spending money. Get lots of napkins/serviettes.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #7028
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Give me Danish or Canadian licorice any time. It's actually edible, unlike lutefisk.
Have you ever tried Danish licorice? It has ammonium chloride. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

When my mum would bring it back from Denmark we would try to be nice and share it with friends. The response was almost always that it tasted like soap. We learned to make sure other kids only took one. It would make me want to cry when they took six and then spit them out. Six, because they were little lozenge shapes. You take six, lick one side of each, and stick them to the back of your hand in the shape of a six pointed star, then lick the star.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:29 PM   #7029
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Have you ever tried Danish licorice? It has ammonium chloride. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

When my mum would bring it back from Denmark we would try to be nice and share it with friends. The response was almost always that it tasted like soap. We learned to make sure other kids only took one. It would make me want to cry when they took six and then spit them out. Six, because they were little lozenge shapes. You take six, lick one side of each, and stick them to the back of your hand in the shape of a six pointed star, then lick the star.

Sounds like it would work great to take the taste of lutefisk out of your mouth!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:04 PM   #7030
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Sounds like it would work great to take the taste of lutefisk out of your mouth!
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.