"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #721
Head Chef
 
Zagut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Friendship,MD.
Posts: 1,229
__________________

__________________
Zagut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #722
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Cinder, I love those mice photos
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #723
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,105
Attachment 14061

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #724
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,882
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Has anyone else read any of Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching books? If you have you might appreciate this short bit of dialogue from Wintersmith,

"Aye, well, we're as light as wee feathers," said Big Yan [a Nac Mac Feegle or Pictsie - they are about six inches tall]. "An' the wind blowin' through the kilt keeps a man well aloft, ye ken."

"I'm sure that's a sight to see," said Nanny Ogg.



I've been giggling about that all day.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #725
Sous Chef
 
Cindercat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DeSoto, MO USA
Posts: 635
Kylie, Thanks. I often use one or the other pic in my school email signature with a "Work for the prize." caption. I also have a large collection of mouse figurines, but that's another long story.
__________________
Cindercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #726
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
Has anyone else read any of Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching books? If you have you might appreciate this short bit of dialogue from Wintersmith,

"Aye, well, we're as light as wee feathers," said Big Yan [a Nac Mac Feegle or Pictsie - they are about six inches tall]. "An' the wind blowin' through the kilt keeps a man well aloft, ye ken."

"I'm sure that's a sight to see," said Nanny Ogg.



I've been giggling about that all day.


Will have to check those out!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #727
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Has anyone else read any of Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching books? If you have you might appreciate this short bit of dialogue from Wintersmith,

"Aye, well, we're as light as wee feathers," said Big Yan [a Nac Mac Feegle or Pictsie - they are about six inches tall]. "An' the wind blowin' through the kilt keeps a man well aloft, ye ken."

"I'm sure that's a sight to see," said Nanny Ogg.



I've been giggling about that all day.
I think a Nac Mac Feegle has made off with my copy, will have to track it down.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #728
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,899
It's never too early to start thinking about the holidays !!!


The Meatnativity !!



__________________
MrsLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #729
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,882
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I think a Nac Mac Feegle has made off with my copy, will have to track it down.
Have you read any of the other ones with Feegles?

BTW, that was brilliant writing on the part of Terry Pratchett. The first part of the quote is pretty good, but when you read what Nanny Ogg says, you can't help visualizing the little blue guys floating with their kilts all puffed out and their ..., well you get the picture. (It comes up earlier in this book that they don't wear anything under their kilts.)
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #730
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Have you read any of the other ones with Feegles?

BTW, that was brilliant writing on the part of Terry Pratchett. The first part of the quote is pretty good, but when you read what Nanny Ogg says, you can't help visualizing the little blue guys floating with their kilts all puffed out and their ..., well you get the picture. (It comes up earlier in this book that they don't wear anything under their kilts.)
Yes, I've read all of them except Wintersmith.

Picked uo a new series...Pratchett and Stephen Baxter, The Long Earth, it may be my next read. I have too many choices...
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.