Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
577183_373824162670595_244753448911001_1048743_235399829_n.jpg

Oh man, I need one of these!!!!

Watching Canada a.m. today, I heard a euphemism I'd never heard before:

operative misadventure

Modeled structures of bone, etc., are being used at some medical schools to teach med students how to do certain surgical procedures (lack of cadavers). The hope is that the training received using these models will help prevent operative misadventures....I've had a lot of fun playing with that euphemism this morning...

Watching Canada a.m. today, I heard a euphemism I'd never heard before:

operative misadventure

Modeled structures of bone, etc., are being used at some medical schools to teach med students how to do certain surgical procedures (lack of cadavers). The hope is that the training received using these models will help prevent operative misadventures....I've had a lot of fun playing with that euphemism this morning...

Translation: Potential Malpractice Suit. :ohmy:

My mummy-in-law just sent me this:

2012-05-02

It said, in the email, "I e-mailed this to my Japanese doctor friend; he e-mailed back: "If light stay on more than 4 hour, call erectrician"

there was an atheist who also happened to be a nature lover, and a photographer. One day he was in a pristine and beautiful forest. The air smelled of water, and ferns, and was moist and cool, with the sun splashing though a canopy of leaves that crowned old growth maple, oaks, and birch trees. Sounds of songbirds filled the air, as did the splashing water of a nearby stream.

The man saw a beautiful elk in the distance. He adjusted his camera on its tripod and prepared to set the camera settings for a perfect shot. As he adjusted the camera dials, the blissful scene was shattered by a great crashing sound behind him. He turned in time to see a huge black bear coming at him like a locomotive. In his hast to run, he sent his camera sprawling onto the ground. The man ran for his life; but the bear ran faster. To his surprise, he was able to increase his speed. He looked back and saw that the animal was still gaining. Adrenaline kicked in, providing a charge of energy that made his legs churn even faster.

The atheist fairly flew across the forest floor. He looked back again. The bear was almost upon him. And then he tripped and found himself spraling on his back. He looked at the great beast that towered over him like the angel of death. As the animal raise one huge paw to deliver a killing blow, the man quickly mouthed "Oh God, don't let him kill me."

Everything stopped. The world became still, frozen in time. There was no sound, not movement. Then, a great voice filled the forest and said; "You have been denying me for all of your mortal existance, and at your time of death, you seek to plead with me."

The man was dumbfounded for an instant, then said; "God, if that's who you are, you are right. At my moment of death, it would be hypocritical of me to cry out for your help, rather than face my doom. But, I would ask one favor, not for myself, but for the great bear that hovers over me.."

"And what is your favor, unbeliever?"

"If I am not worthy to be called - Christian, then for this day, at this time, let the bear take upon himself that Christian belief."

"I will grant you this one favor, unbeliever."

The world became animated once more. To his amazement, the bear backed away a step and stood on its hind legs. It lowered its deadly pause and said; "Thank you father for your bounty. Please bless this food that I am about to eat.";)

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

taxlady said:

It said, in the email, "I e-mailed this to my Japanese doctor friend; he e-mailed back: "If light stay on more than 4 hour, call erectrician"

ROFL!

Ah, Chief Longwind, one of my faves! A true classic!

Last edited:

2012-05-02

I WAS drinking coffee...Shrek is now wearing it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A wealthy ninety-one year-old man married a smoking hot twenty-six year old blonde of extraordinary beauty. He was blissfully happy during the honeymoon. As they settled down in their new home together, the young bride announced she was pregnant.

Shortly thereafter, the old guy was having his annual check up. He was very proud to inform the doctor he had gotten his new bride pregnant!

The doctor tried to tell the old guy he wasn't the father, it was physically impossible but his proud patient wouldn't hear it. So he told a little story in hopes the message would get through.

He told his elderly patient this story:

An elderly man decided to go hunting. He was distracted as he set out and instead of grabbing a rifle, he took an umbrella. He realized his mistake too late to turn back so decided to turn his hunting trip into a nice walk in the woods.

Lo and behold, he hadn't been walking for more than ten minutes when he came upon a bear cub. He was immediately wary as he knew the mother would be near and very protective of its cub.

No sooner had the thought entered his head when he heard an angry roar and turned to see the mother bear charging towards him.

The old timer figured he was doomed without a rifle and all he had was an umbrella. He figured, "What the Hell" and raised the umbrella, pointed it at the bear and yelled "BANG!" as loudly as he could. The bear fell dead in its tracks. The old hunter was dumbfounded.

The doctor then asked his elderly patient what he thought of the story. He replied, "Obviously, someone else shot the bear!".

"That's what I've been trying to tell you!" replied the doctor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom