Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw this article on Facebook, and it reminded me of a class I taught. One summer when I was teaching summer school, I discovered that the 4th grade students I was teaching did not know that meat came from animals. We had to do a project, so for our project they made mobiles. They put a picture of an animal at the top, then they found pictures in magazines of foods made from their particular animal. I'll never forget when one of them asked me, "What animal do potatoes come from?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbara L said:
I just saw this article on Facebook, and it reminded me of a class I taught. One summer when I was teaching summer school, I discovered that the 4th grade students I was teaching did not know that meat came from animals. We had to do a project, so for our project they made mobiles. They put a picture of an animal at the top, then they found pictures in magazines of foods made from their particular animal. I'll never forget when one of them asked me, "What animal do potatoes come from?"

:LOL: Apparently someone else would benefit from your class!

:LOL: Apparently someone else would benefit from your class!
Yep!

For some reason this all reminded me of a thing I heard several years ago (I think on Jay Leno's "Headlines"). A woman wrote a letter to the editor of her local newspaper requesting that the city remove the Deer Crossing sign near her house because there were too many deer crossing there already! :LOL::wacko:

A friend of mine told me a story from her college days in Vermont.

She and a car full of other girls were driving the mountainous roads in their area and they came across a sign stating, "Beware of Falling Rocks". One of the other girls turned to my friend and asked, "How do they get the signs up fast enough?".

One summer Dad decided to make homemade ice cream. Our 17 year old neighbor had never seen it made. She came over to watch. She saw the mixture in the canister, the canister put in the bucket, ice & salt added and the crank turned. She watched & waited. Later when Dad added more ice & salt, she asked "When is the ice going to turn into ice cream?"

One summer Dad decided to make homemade ice cream. Our 17 year old neighbor had never seen it made. She came over to watch. She saw the mixture in the canister, the canister put in the bucket, ice & salt added and the crank turned. She watched & waited. Later when Dad added more ice & salt, she asked "When is the ice going to turn into ice cream?"
:LOL::LOL:

PrincessFiona60 said:
And you said?

That was my sister...:rolleyes:

The one the house fell on...

Can I borrow the house, please? I have a sister....

img_1148557_0_f37cd31c95855349f1b4f188eb25e31f.jpg

Who the heck is Kristen Stewart?

I'm ashamed to say, I don't know either. Tat, is it someone you went to school with?

It is some "Actress" that was in those Twilight films, and is now in the new flick, Snow White & The Huntsman.

I have never seen the Twilight series, but have seen her on Letterman, Graham Norton, and I think Conan. . .she had the personality of a stump, and from all the clips they showed, she looks like she can't act her way out of a wet paper bag. Just a no talen girl, who is now famous for lord knows what, making money hand over fist, for having the same acting prowess as a plastic bag, blowing in the wind.

I actually wanted to see the Snow White & The huntsman, but will NOT waste money in the theaters for it.

LOL @ Dawgluver, She was 3 when I graduated high School.

taxlady said:
I just Wiki'ed her. I could be her grandmother. :wacko:

I guess I could be too!

I have heard good things about "Snow White and the Huntsman".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom