Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, PF. I love that kind of thing. I used to be in a women's barbershop group. It was fun to sing in WalMart or Union Station. We didn't do it flash mob style, but that would have been fun.

Thank you for that PF.

What a great way to teach kids to appreciate classical music. There was nothing stuffy about it. The kids didn't have to sit still.

I love the quick glimpse of the guy who looks like Billy Connolly. The look of wonder and joy on his face was great. Of course the kids were great.

For those of you who would like to know. That was Ode To Joy from the Ninth Symphony by Beethoven. The words are by Shiller.

Thanks PF. That was one of my lullaby's growing up. We didn't have pop music. My father always had a record of classical music playing. And when I was learning the piano, it was always classical music. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :angel:

funny-pictures-cat-traps-are-working.jpg

While not funny, it will make you smile.

Som Sabadell flashmob - YouTube

This reminds me of Ravel's Bolero. It starts our very softly with one reed instrument playing the one theme over and over and by the end of the piece the whole orchestra is playing it in full. When it is played in it entirety, it goes into reverse and just the one reed instrument is playing and the last notes the whole orchestra plays the last four notes with an explosion. I love to watch the maestro leading this piece.

PF, you have me searching YouTube for more pieces so I can listen to them. Thanks. :angel:

This reminds me of Ravel's Bolero. It starts our very softly with one reed instrument playing the one theme over and over and by the end of the piece the whole orchestra is playing it in full. When it is played in it entirety, it goes into reverse and just the one reed instrument is playing and the last notes the whole orchestra plays the last four notes with an explosion. I love to watch the maestro leading this piece.

PF, you have me searching YouTube for more pieces so I can listen to them. Thanks. :angel:
When I watched this on YouTube, it showed a link to the Copenhagen Symphony Orchestra doing a flashmob thing at the main train station in Copenhagen. They played Bolero. Bolero de Ravel - estación Central de Copenhague (flashmob) - YouTube I don't know why the text is in Spanish.

I thought it was brilliant choice of music for a flashmob, not your usual piece. I was brought up listening to classical music, too.

i don't know if it's true, but i read somewhere that bolero was written to help an orchestra warm up their instruments (and themselves, i guess) on stage before a concert.

Last edited:
When I watched this on YouTube, it showed a link to the Copenhagen Symphony Orchestra doing a flashmob thing at the main train station in Copenhagen. They played Bolero. Bolero de Ravel - estación Central de Copenhague (flashmob) - YouTube I don't know why the text is in Spanish.

I introduced my boss (in the record store) to Ravel's Bolero, she really enjoyed the music and turned it up full blast one morning before the store was open, we wer often found working before opening with some riotous classical music playing so it could be heard across the street. We played "In the Hall of the Mountain King," by Edvard Grieg, so loud it was making the plate glass windows bow out.

Hmmm...it was written for Russian Ballerina Ida Rubenstien. It was a partial experiment on taking a repeating phrase, not developing it, but adding in more orchestral instruments. Cool!

LOL! Laser Dots. My two will sit and stare at the spot on the floor waiting for it to come back if I turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom