Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxlady said:
I just got this from my mummy-in-law:(Four worms and a lesson to be learned !!!)

A Minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.
Four worms were placed into four separate jars.
The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.
The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke.
The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup.
The fourth worm was put into a container of good, clean soil.
At the conclusion of the sermon, the Minister reported the following results:
The first worm in alcohol ...

Dead.

The second worm in cigarette smoke

Dead.

The third worm in chocolate syrup

Dead.

The fourth worm in good, clean soil

...Alive.
So the Minister asked the congregation, "What did you learn from this demonstration?"
Maxine was sitting in the back and quickly raised

her hand and said,

"As long as you drink, smoke, and eat chocolate, you won't have
worms!"
That pretty much ended the service !!

I hope this isn't a true story... Maybe I'm weird but this seems like unnecessary cruelty to worms lol. Ok I'm weird. I like fishing, but I also cringe putting a worm on a hook. Can't help thinking, "poor little worm..."

I hope this isn't a true story... Maybe I'm weird but this seems like unnecessary cruelty to worms lol. Ok I'm weird. I like fishing, but I also cringe putting a worm on a hook. Can't help thinking, "poor little worm..."

That's why I tie flies. But you should hear the little rascals complain while I'm cinching the knots tight.:LOL:

Tying flies is a great way to lure in fish, without having to impale worms. I know the feeling you're talking about. I feel that bit of sadness for the fish as well. But it's still going to be caught by me, and fried up for supper.:yum:

Just so's ya knows, I don't feel any remorse about smacking a horse fly, or deer fly, especially after being bitten by them, and putting them on a hook. I've caught many a brookie that way.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North said:
That's why I tie flies. But you should hear the little rascals complain while I'm cinching the knots tight.:LOL:

Tying flies is a great way to lure in fish, without having to impale worms. I know the feeling you're talking about. I feel that bit of sadness for the fish as well. But it's still going to be caught by me, and fried up for supper.:yum:

Just so's ya knows, I don't feel any remorse about smacking a horse fly, or deer fly, especially after being bitten by them, and putting them on a hook. I've caught many a brookie that way.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I feel a little bad for the fish, but since I want it for dinner (or it's being released) it doesn't seem so pointless to me.

They are so funny. I saw a pair at the bus station when I arrived here. They were trying to juggle luggage and keep pulling their pants up. Hilarious.

Oh. Too funny. I thought I had quoted the funny. I said Yum! to the bacon and two eggs picture.

img_1176975_0_53d3940f99f6ea510f861e111d415f10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom