Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wxp+%25285%2529.jpg

And why do grocery stores rarely put the canned milk next to or nearby the pumpkin pie filling? :question:

I have to admit my store at holiday time does make sense in their placement of items. Canned milk, pie spice, and boxes of dry pie crust mix are all placed together with pie fillings. At the front of the store you will find the unsliced bread for stuffing and piles of Bell's Seasoning. There are piles of pie crust in the refrigerator area. They remove the slow selling items to make room. Oddly enough you can only buy canned pumpkin starting in October and until December 31st. I buy several small fresh sweet ones and freeze my own so I can make muffins or pumpkin bread throughout the year. I buy them after November 1st. They really drop in price then. When my kids were small, I am sorry to say they would steal them off porches and bring them home for me to cook and freeze. They were not the angelic kids I wanted. They were normal. :angel:

.....Oddly enough you can only buy canned pumpkin starting in October and until December 31st...
I've seen it in the baking aisle of my regular store all year long. I'll use it if I want to make pumpkin bread. Hmm, wonder why your local store doesn't have it - or maybe they put it somewhere else off-season?

....When my kids were small, I am sorry to say they would steal them (pumpkins) off porches and bring them home for me to cook and freeze. They were not the angelic kids I wanted....
Ah, but they were ahead of their time, recycling and repurposing something that could only hope for some better future than the compost pile.

And why do grocery stores rarely put the canned milk next to or nearby the pumpkin pie filling? :question:

Most stores in this neck of the woods do, it is usually on the bottom shelf of the baking aisle. Ours goes, from left to right, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, pumpkin, then canned pie fillings.

During the holidays there is always a baking display and these are always side by side.

Back
Top Bottom