Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You all know who you are! :LOL:

754a70e388df46aaaeb36d1d6476594f.jpg

You all know who you are! :LOL:

754a70e388df46aaaeb36d1d6476594f.jpg
Oh yeah. I think this evening is like that. I forgot to eat supper until I saw the supper thread. I decided to have smoked salmon on a bagel. So, I cut the bagel in half and toasted it. Got out the fixin's and I thought I was ready to eat. I brought the plate to the coffee table and looked at the bagels. They didn't look quite right. There was cream cheese, sliced red onion, and capers. D'uh! I forgot the salmon. :doh:

Pirate is still laughing. I have gotten up and sleepwalked myself to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. I told him I was trying to get a head start on my day. "At two in the morning Ma?" :angel:

This is silly but I vaguely recall it from a movie. A man (who I'll call Man 1) is at a bus stop and there is a dog sitting by him. Another comes to sit down and says to Man 1, "Does your dog bite?" The man says,"No, he doesn't." So, the Man 2 reaches to pet the dog and gets bit! The Man 2 says, "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite." Man 1 says, "HE doesn't, this isn't my dog!"

Okay, if you insist. But be forewarned. This is a groaner!

It is a beautiful Spring Saturday morning. The wife decided to do spring cleaning and hubby go outside to work on the car. He takes the whole engine apart and meticulously cleans each part. He begins to place the parts back and gets down to the very last screw. All of a sudden the screwdriver slips and cuts the palm of his hand wide open. There is blood everywhere. All over his nice clean engine.

The moral of the story?

Scroll Down

You can get blood out of a tune up. :angel:

This is silly but I vaguely recall it from a movie. A man (who I'll call Man 1) is at a bus stop and there is a dog sitting by him. Another comes to sit down and says to Man 1, "Does your dog bite?" The man says,"No, he doesn't." So, the Man 2 reaches to pet the dog and gets bit! The Man 2 says, "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite." Man 1 says, "HE doesn't, this isn't my dog!"

Inspector Clouseau, "The Pink Panther Strikes Again". A classic!

Addie, yours is a groaner...

Has anyone else filled the carafe with water, set it on the hot plate, turned on the coffee maker, and a few minutes later wondered why I was not smelling fresh coffee?:wacko:

I have done this more than once:blush:.

Oh yes. I just figure it was deliberate so I could rinse out the coffee maker innards. :angel:

"Scottie Pinwheel" is great! Just what I needed for a lift-me-up today. Thanks, taxy!

Has anyone else filled the carafe with water, set it on the hot plate, turned on the coffee maker, and a few minutes later wondered why I was not smelling fresh coffee?:wacko:

I have done this more than once:blush:.
Himself has done that. :LOL: I use a measuring cup for the water; if I use the carafe I end up missing the reservoir with some of the water. I'm more guilty of putting the grounds in the basket, then forgetting to add water at all. And when I'm really foggy, I've even put water in, then forgot the grounds. :huh: You end up with a very weak cup of coffee.

Oh Good! I'm not the only one.

I have, on more than one occasion, put coffee into the coffeemaker and forgotten the water. I don't recall ever putting in water and forgetting the coffee.

Keurig makes it harder to screw up that way but adds the option of starting the brew cycle and forgetting the coffee cup.

Last edited:
I remember Pacanis mentioning the Keurig doesn't work too well without a coffee cup.

Last edited:
...I don't recall ever putting in water and forgetting the coffee...
I have to clarify how I can add water and forget grounds. I'm actually not as stupid as that sounds. Close, maybe, but...

Our coffee maker is on the kitchen counter and is "parked" under the upper cupboards when not in use. When pulled out, you can't open the door to get to the bowls and small plates. IF I put water in, then distract myself (or get distracted) by the need for a bowl or plate, I have to slide the maker back under the cover. The lid to the unit closes, I forget there's no grounds, and pull the thing back out from under the cupboard. Since it's heavier than when empty, I figure it's ready to go and push the button. :ermm: Result: weak "coffee".

Besides, I rather end up with hot water IN the pot than hot coffee ON the counter. ;)

I have probably figured out more ways to have a coffee fail than most people. I have forgotten the water. I have forgotten the coffee grounds. I have left the lid off the carafe, so the little button on the basket doesn't get pushed up and the basket overflows. I have forgotten to empty the carafe of yesterday's leftover coffee, so the carafe overflows. I think I have done other things. I remember once almost pouring yesterday's old coffee into the water reservoir.

I'm so glad DH gets up earlier than I do so the coffee is already made! ;) When he's out of town, I try to remember to set it up with the timer the night before, so I don't have to think about it in the morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom