Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I have been told. But, sometimes I like weird stuff that other people don't like. Danish licorice comes to mind.

Give me Danish or Canadian licorice any time. It's actually edible, unlike lutefisk.

If you have a Lutheran church anywhere nearby, that may be a good way to check out lutefisk. That way you can spit it out without spending money. Get lots of napkins/serviettes.

Last edited:
Give me Danish or Canadian licorice any time. It's actually edible, unlike lutefisk.
Have you ever tried Danish licorice? It has ammonium chloride. :ohmy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

When my mum would bring it back from Denmark we would try to be nice and share it with friends. The response was almost always that it tasted like soap. We learned to make sure other kids only took one. It would make me want to cry when they took six and then spit them out. Six, because they were little lozenge shapes. You take six, lick one side of each, and stick them to the back of your hand in the shape of a six pointed star, then lick the star.

Have you ever tried Danish licorice? It has ammonium chloride. :ohmy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

When my mum would bring it back from Denmark we would try to be nice and share it with friends. The response was almost always that it tasted like soap. We learned to make sure other kids only took one. It would make me want to cry when they took six and then spit them out. Six, because they were little lozenge shapes. You take six, lick one side of each, and stick them to the back of your hand in the shape of a six pointed star, then lick the star.

Sounds like it would work great to take the taste of lutefisk out of your mouth!

Funny article, CG!

My mom used to love finnan haddie. It stunk up the house something fierce when she cooked it, and reminded me of lutefisk, though it's referred to as "poor man's lobster." Sorry, give me "regular lobster", or walleye.

10614335_10152602965777568_6434905973250084138_n.png

Funny article, CG!

My mom used to love finnan haddie. It stunk up the house something fierce when she cooked it, and reminded me of lutefisk, though it's referred to as "poor man's lobster." Sorry, give me "regular lobster", or walleye.

I love finnan haddie. The only problem I have when I buy it is I keep pecking at it all the way home. By the time I get in the door, the package is empty. When I do cook it, I soak it first and then change the water before I cook it. I can't find it anymore. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom