What Husbands want for Dinner....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasTamale

Senior Cook
Jane had a system for labeling homemade freezer meals. She would carefully note in large clear letters, "Meatloaf" or "Pot Roast" or "Steak and Vegetables" or "Chicken and Dumplings" or "Beef Pot Pie."

Everyday when she asked her husband what he wanted for dinner, he never asked for any of those meals. She decided to stock the freezer with his various requests, What he really likes.

In Jane's freezer you'll see a whole new set of labels.... You'll find dinners with neat little tags that say: "Whatever," "Anything," "I Don't Know," "I Don't Care," "Something Good," or "Food."

No more frustration for Jane because no matter what her husband replies when she asks him what he wants for dinner, it's there waiting......:-p

tee-hee, my babe uttered those sort of responses several times before he learned to just hush up and answer in a straightforward manner.

first time he said, 'i don't care,' like 4 times in row i said, 'okay!', grabbed my keys and said, 'we're going for sushi.'
he hates sushi.
he protested, so i dug through my Brothers cabinets of food and tossed him a can of spaghettios, grabbed my purse and dug out a spare set of keys and and tossed them to him, then said something like, 'here, enjoy, i'll see you later! don't change my channel cause i'm cause taping something!' and yelled, 'lock the door behind you!' on my way out the door.
VRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i ended up getting a nice ribeye instead and fed the cats the leftovers right in front of him.
....**** hath no fury like that of a woman scorned....
56.gif
1.gif

Last edited:
I think I might have to try that. I do get tired of the "I don't care." response after a while.

The hardest part of cooking for me is deciding what to cook.

If I ask Paul what he wants it's because I'm out of ideas... so " I don't care" doesn't cut it.

LOL , mine will actually answer, whatever you want if I tell him what we have and he can't decide himself.

lol texastamale.

i get tired of asking what dw wants me to make, or if she's planned to make something for dinner, or if she wants me to get take out. so after the first "i don't know", i begin to list the things i can make, or the ethnicity of the restaurant for take out. if i play my cards right, i can influence her into deciding what i want by listing things she doesn't like that i make, or what she complained about from the various restaurants previous times. it takes a while, then i finally get to eat. :)
like a hamster on the treadmill of life...

In addition to the freezer above the fridge, we have a standup freezer in the basement. I tend to forget all the stuff I have in there. As a result, we weren't taking advantage of the variety available to us.

At the beginning of each week, I make a list of the meals available to us in the freezer or from other stuuf we have on hand. The list is usually 8-12 items long so there is some selection to be done.

S.O. will read the list over and pick a few meals. More often than not, in the order I've listed them.

Sometimes I'll list an item like chicken (or whatever) surprise. This means I'm going to experiment and she's going to eat it. Yesterday was chicken surprise day and I made a spicy Mexican chicken dish that turned out to be a keeper. Sometimes I get lucky!

After 43 years of I don't care, whatever, you choose, I don't know.. Whatever you want, what your eating, I don't ask anymore...Just cook er up, place on table and yell come and get it :ROFLMAO: No complaints at all:LOL:

kadesma:-p

buckytom said:
if i play my cards right, i can influence her into deciding what i want by listing things she doesn't like that i make, or what she complained about from the various restaurants previous times. it takes a while, then i finally get to eat. :)

kadesma said:
After 43 years of I don't care, whatever, you choose, I don't know.. Whatever you want, what your eating, I don't ask anymore...Just cook er up, place on table and yell come and get it :ROFLMAO: No complaints at all:LOL:

kadesma:-p

LOL!!!!!

This is how after 26 years of Marriage, it goes down at my house:

Me: Do you want dinner?
My SPOUSE: Sure, what are my choices?
Me: Yes and no.
img_129859_0_d21ec5b3d10d892ac9bf1d0891828125.gif

Last edited:
TexasTamale said:
LOL!!!!!

This is how after 26 years of Marriage, it goes down at my house:

Me: Do you want dinner?