Afraid to mess up my favorite soup!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Suzi,
That soup is way WOW yum slurp good.

There is a problem in this thread though. Pacanis forgot to give you the address to send the defective soup to. He lives in Haledon New Jersey.

AC

I just don't see how the soup will be worth anything when you've left out one member of the "holy trinity" (Mirepoix). Can you imagine what the French chefs would say if they knew you were committing such a sacrilege? Send the soup to pacanis in MENTOR, OHIO.:LOL:

JoeV

Wow you guys.... NO FIGHTING!!!!

I will send little 1/2 cup Gladwares across the u.s.a!!!
:)

i have a pot of chicken call it what you will. chili, bean soup, or chicken noodle soup. and about the only thing not in it was celery.didn't have any.

it has chicken , from a roasted chicken i bought at the store, corn, bok choy, couple cans white beans. chopped spinach, red and yellow and green peppers, chopped onions, carrots, also some fido chinese noodles.

chili powder, red pepper, black pepper, seasoned salt, and a mix of things to seasonings to use with chicken. it tastes very good, just don't know what to call it.
so maybe "babe's secret pot of stuff. lol. :ROFLMAO:

Boy, I get around, don't I?
Just checking in before I grab my Fargo snow garb make the drive to MN :LOL:

Ha!!!
Pacanis I seem to recall you getting more snow out that way than I did last year!!!!
(not that you should be packing shorts and sunscreen....... )

Oh thats a good idea LC.... Do they sell dried celery? Never thought to look!
Seems to be I'm out of that alot, I go thru it quick around here, what with all the ants on a log the kids eat.
:)

Here's where I buy dry celery, as well as other dried veggies.
Celery

Merde! No Celery! Sacre Bleu! Infidel!

I have some celery seeds. If you go that route, be very conservative on how much you use, especially if you saute the seeds with the rest of the veggies. I find that to many celery seeds give a very bitter flavor.

Years ago, I found some dried celery flakes with the rest of the spices. While that can a definite celery flavor, I don't remember the cost, and most likely, a bundle of celery probably costs about the same. If you have a food dehydrator, you could dry your own.

Suzie, it looks like you have a nice, tasty soup. Have you thought about adding just a little bit of thyme, sage, and rosemary? Those are my three "go-to" herbs that I put into just about everything. If I were to make this soup at home, I would dice up the skin and cook that with the bacon, to give it a caramelized chicken flavor. If I were making it at work, I'd saute the bacon, remove it from the pan, jack the heat up as high as it would go, let the pan get good and hot, then add diced raw chicken and caramelize that. However, your method will still yield an unbelievably tasty soup.

I use celery seed alot if i am out of celery, works well
I decided to experiment on time. I took celery and shopped it up, frozen it on sheet pan when froze then placed in a freezer bag and when i need it i just go to the freezer. works well

Back
Top Bottom