Almost instant French onion soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good point Dawg. Shows how much I know about cold weather.
Yet another thought, I wonder how it would work to put the CP inside one of those special cooking bags some people use for cooking turkey? This might work for you, Taxi, since you don't have a grill with a lid.

I'm thinking a foil tent, maybe take the grill off the hibachi, set CP in it, tent with foil. Or you could set it up in the parking garage, Taxy! Let everyone get a good whiff.

Good point Dawg. Shows how much I know about cold weather.
Yet another thought, I wonder how it would work to put the CP inside one of those special cooking bags some people use for cooking turkey? This might work for you, Taxi, since you don't have a grill with a lid.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have never seen those bags here. :LOL:

I'm thinking a foil tent, maybe take the grill off the hibachi, set CP in it, tent with foil. Or you could set it up in the parking garage, Taxy! Let everyone get a good whiff.
I think I'll just do it in the house for 10 hours, like Bolas wrote.

The foil tent might work, but it's raining! I would love to stink up the parking garage, but I don't trust my neighbours - someone might steal it. Someone dug up and stole my fall blooming crocus bulbs and my solar lights one year.

The foil tent might work, but it's raining! I would love to stink up the parking garage, but I don't trust my neighbours - someone might steal it. Someone dug up and stole my fall blooming crocus bulbs and my solar lights one year.

Seriously? That's ridiculous!

I think I'll just do it in the house for 10 hours, like Bolas wrote.

I don't know if it's worth it to you or not Taxi, but the bags I mentioned can be found online.
Amazon.com: reynolds oven bags turkey

As far as cooking them for only 10 hours, you will certainly not end up with dark caramelized onions that makes this whole idea so worthwhile. :yum:

I don't know if it's worth it to you or not Taxi, but the bags I mentioned can be found online.
Amazon.com: reynolds oven bags turkey

As far as cooking them for only 10 hours, you will certainly not end up with dark caramelized onions that makes this whole idea so worthwhile. :yum:
But I can just fry them up for colour, like Bolas does. I won't need to let them go for a long time and hope not to burn them.

Who said you can't cook outside? There are folks here that cook outside all year round. Just keep a warm coat near the door. It is not like you are going to be standing out there while everything cooks. All you are going to do after you prepare the grill is just keep an eye on the food. :angel:

There is no shelter outside the apartment. That wind gets cold, I bet most folks who do cook outside in the winter have a windbreak. The roof eaves on the building are almost 20 feet in the air and they only extend out 2 feet. Not enough to count as protection from the elements. Living in an apartment where there are kids around, I could not just start something and not keep an eye on it.

I think you ladies ought to just suck it up and cook those onions in the house.
It's not like my house still smells like onion... :angel:
It pretty much smells like dog again.

:LOL:

I think you ladies ought to just suck it up and cook those onions in the house.
It's not like my house still smells like onion... :angel:
It pretty much smells like dog again.

:LOL:

OK, Pac, you owe me a screen cleaner! :ROFLMAO:

Addie, it's the crock pot that needs a winter coat outside for 20 hours, not PF.;)

Good idea about the grill Andy. Wrap up the CP in a blanket and close the lid on the grill, right? With the unlikely case that the blanket catchs fire it would be safely confined inside.

I see that it will be down to 14 degrees tonight for PF. Brrrrrrr........

PF is in her glory. She not only has the cold weather, she now has her snow that she has been hankering for. No more looking at the mountains and pining for snow. She is happy now. And I bet Shrek is also. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom