"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Soups

Old 09-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #21
Master Chef

One of my all time favorite canned soups was also a favorite of my dear old Dad (He passed from mortality many years back) and that was Habitant French-Canadian Split Pea soup, made with yellow peas and lard. I still love the stuff, especially with some good saltine crackers mixed in and some freshly ground black pepper. yummmm!

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:49 PM   #22
Head Chef

Many years ago, when I was in college and working as a waitress, the sous chef did not show up one Monday, so we didn't have any soup for lunch. The cook mixed Cream of Mushroom soup with Chicken Gumbo soup. It was delicious! Haven't eaten it for awhile (I can buy mushroom soup, but not chicken gumbo here in Mexico). Hey, try it - you'll like it!

Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #23
Sous Chef

I guess my neice eats this out of the can! Yuck!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #24
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
My first wife used to eat Campbell's Scotch Broth right out of the can, undiluted. Pour it into a pot, heat it up, pour it into a bowl, and chow down.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #25
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I mostly cook with mushroom soup but I do sometimes eat it as soup (with lots of mushrooms added). I can't find my favorite Campbell's "eating" soup (Bean with Bacon) anymore. I used to find it in the store brand too, but now I can't find either.

Barbara
Old 09-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I'm always eating canned soup. Never the cream of mushroom for the simple fact I hate mushrooms. But I love the tomato and the cream of chicken soup, as soup.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #27
Head Chef

My Boss who owned the hotel I was working in had a party where we had to use cambells golden chicken soup undeluted with seared chicken brest and finished in the soup servred with wild rice and a popover and suprising it was realy very good it was a long time ago and I do not remember how many people we served 40 -50
My favorite soup has been Cambells bean and bacon I have ate it since I was a wee small child and I still have a couple of cans in my pantry

Tags
None