Chicken wing soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as in buffalo style chicken wing soup, or the Korean style chicken wing soup?

and in the recipe are you avoiding convience foods (i.e. canned soups etc..) or looking for them? Some people love the Rachael Ray style of cooking as its called these days, while others hate it,, I don't want to post something offensive since I'm brand new here :) :)

I want a Buffalo Chicken Wing Recipe. I also would like to use a rotisseria style chicken and just shred it to put in the crock-pot. I am only unaware of what else to add....example sour cream? Cheese?

Thank You

recipe 1 from "just slow cooking"

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup
6 cups milk
3 cans condensed cream of chicken soup -- undiluted -- (10 3/4-oz each)
3 cups shredded cooked chicken -- (about 1 pound)
1 cup sour cream -- (8-oz)
1/4 cup hot pepper sauce -- (1/4 to 1/2 cup)

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).

Recipe #2 found on the internet, made some changes of my own though

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup

1 small onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1/4 cup (4Tbs) butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk (i used skim!)
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked diced chicken (I used 4 thighs)
4oz Velveeta
1/4-1/2 cup Franks Red Hot or Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce (used combo of both)
1/4 cup sour cream
Blue Cheese Crumbles

Cook onion and celery in butter until tender, stir in flour. SLOWLY whisk in milk and chicken broth. Add chicken. Add Velveeta and stir until melted. Add hot sauce, sour cream, and sprinkle with blue cheese to your taste preference. Cook low, stirring constantly until heated through and blue cheese is melted. SERVE!

For my chicken breasts or thighs, I marinated them in Franks Red Hot sauce, then grill, but rotisserie is fine too, you can do the whole chicken if you want, just triple the soup

You don't have to put the sour cream in. It taste good but it isalso is good without it. I have done it both ways (when I didn't feel like going to the store to get it).

It cooks so fast I wouldn't bother with the crock pot, just do it on the stove.

#2 sounds pretty good Fincher :)
Thanks.
And thank you, mikki! I didn't even know there was such a thing as chicken wing soup.

yeah Pacanis, it has a weird name,

It should be called Buffalo Chicken soup,

chicken wing soup makes it sound like you make a broth from chicken wings, pull the meat and add seasonings etc..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom