CLN's Vegetable Bisque

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
This recipe is light and full of mild flavors that will excite your taste buds. It is great served up as a light lunch, or with a sandwich. It's also great as an appetizer. I was very satisfied with its flavor. I hope you like it too.

Ingredients:
4 to 5 flowerettes of raw broccoli
4 to 5 flowerettes of raw cauliflower
1 large carrot
1 stalk of celery
12 oz. creamed corn
2 tbs. butter
10 to 15 pepperoni slices
2 cups water
1 leek (it's like a giant chive, with a mild onion flavor)
Salt
Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning

Put the water into a sauce pan, that has a steamer, and start it heating up over medium heat. Wash all of the veggies under cold, running water. Peel and slice the carrot. Slice the celery, and leek. Place the veggies into a steamer, and place it over the gently boiling water. Cover the steamer pot and let cook for ten minutes.

After the ten minutes has elapsed, remove the steamer basket from the pot and run cold water over the vegetables. Place the veggies into your blender, along with the butter and pepperoni.

Add the creamed corn and blend at low speed to get everything moving. If the veggies won't mix, slowly add 1 cup of water from the steaming pot until everything begins to blend into a smooth mixture. Place the lid on the mixer and turn it to its highest speed. Let it blend for two to three minutes.

Drain any remaining water from the pot. Place the blended veggies back into the pot, over medium heat. Add the Old Bay Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Go slowly with this. Add a little at a time and let it cook for a couple of minutes, to let the flavors release into the bisque. Correct as required.

Serve this Bisque with a light beverage that goes well with vegetables.

I wish I could describe the flavor to you. It is distinct and mild, but doesn't taste like any one of the ingredients. You can serve this with confidence to people who don't like cruciferous veggies, such as broccoli, and cauliflower. It has a flavor that is somewhere between savory and sweet.

And for those of you that don't know, the stems of broccoli, cauliflower, and artichoke are the best tasting, and most tender parts of the plant.
Enjoy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
This sounds delicious :) Very similar to a soup I make but mine doesn't have peperoni in it. I add a bit of milk and parmesan to mine. I'm going to try this!

Thanks for the inspiration, Chief!

I've got a bunch of fresh turkey broth and a bunch of vegetables.

Hmm.... smoked turkey necks. andouille, kielbasa, chorizo, ground sausage?????:chef:

I'm off to the kitchen!

I love it when something I post inspires others to try new ideas. That, to me, is the best compliment I get, not that anyone raves about what I make, but rather, that a technique, or recipe gets people creating new things of their own.

That's the best.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom