Cream of Asparagus Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Add some wild rice to that asparagus soup.
Would you add it cooked or let it cook in the soup?

Good recipe! You can use that same recipe for many other Cream of "Veggie" Soups... Try broccoli, celery, spinach, tomato, etc...
Our creation is taken from a few cookbooks and then adapted to how we thought it should work. The biggest inspiration, though, came from the recipe we have for Cream of Cauliflower soup. Hmmm ... I wonder if it would work for carrots.

Is the soup "bright" tasting or more heavy?
Could I add a touch of fresh mint? A take-off of Mint-Pea soup?
I don't think mint would hurt it but it might get lost. It's a little heavier but if you reduced the flour / milk, it might not be. Several recipes we saw called for dill ...

I cheat with cream of asparagus (broccoli, too). I cut the heads off, and chop the stems, then steam, along with a potato. When done, I dump the stems, potato and broth into the Vita-Mix, and add milk and seasonings. Blend it on high for a couple of minutes, then dump it back into the pot I used for steaming (minus the steaming basket), and fold in the steamed tops.

I LOVE asparagas - unfortunately both DH and me are among the population for whom the consumption of asparagas results in a bodily chemical reaction which is most unpleasant. Anybody have a cure for that? We'd eat it much more often. As a child I remember eating it out of a can and then drinking the juice! (that was a very very long time ago - they either didn't have fresh available readily or my mother didn't buy it). But ****ed the torpedos I'm gonna try this recipe!

Thanks for posting it!

unfortunately both DH and me are among the population for whom the consumption of asparagas results in a bodily chemical reaction which is most unpleasant.
This actually happens to everyone. It is just that some people can smell it while others can't. As far as I know, there is no cure for it, other than holding your nose.

Back
Top Bottom