Cream of Chicken Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah--but these are the "feral" birds. They barely will take treats from my hand. I figured tough love might work. I was hoping they'd follow Harriet and Myrtle's example--they are not only productive, they are super friendly. Alas, doesn't seem to be happening. But Harriet has adopted Agatha and Prudence. So, hopefully, they will become a bit more comfortable around me by following Harriet's example.

Last edited:
I am going to sound like a stupid British person, but what is 1 quart? And what is 1/2 & 1/2? Sorry for sounding ridiculous, but can't wait to try this recipe.

I think there was a link posted in the whipping cream substitute-double cream thread. If I remember correctly, 1/2 and 1/2 would be 18-30% butterfat. It doesn't whip, if that helps?!

I am going to sound like a stupid British person, but what is 1 quart? And what is 1/2 & 1/2? Sorry for sounding ridiculous, but can't wait to try this recipe.

1 qt is barely over 1 litre. Something like .94xxx L
It is also 1/4 of a gallon.

Doesn't sound stupid...1 quart is also 4 cups liquid volume. 1/2&1/2 is, I believe, 1/2 single cream, 1/2 milk.

Thanks for wanting to try my recipe.:)

Thank you for the replies everyone! You were all very helpful and now I can't wait to try this! :)

Doesn't sound stupid to me. The whole measuring system using quarts is kinda stupid. The US got the quarts/ ounces/ gallons/ etc. from the Brits a long time ago. You guys were still officially using quarts & gallons, etc until 1959 and longer, unofficially. Here in Canada, we switched from Imperial measure to metric in the '70s. Imperial quarts were bigger than US quarts. It could get really confusing. It gets even better. There are liquid quarts and dry quarts. Here you want liquid quarts = 946 ml.

Back
Top Bottom