Cream of Turkey (or Chicken) Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Cream of Turkey (or Chicken) Soup

Chicken or turkey stock - canned or homemade stock
Original Uncle Ben's Wild and white rice (seasoning pack not used)
Cooked Turkey or chicken - chopped small
Bacon - cooked, drained and crumbled
Scallions - cleaned well and chopped, greens included
Pimientos - brined are best (I usually pick them out of my stuffed green olives) - chopped fine
Salt and ground black pepper
Amounts are to taste and depend on how much soup you want to make and how thick you want it to be.

Cook the rice in the stock till tender. Add remaining ingredients. Add more stock if necessary after rice is cooked till you have desired amount and thickness of soup. Simmer 5 - 10 minutes.

To make the cream part of soup:
Flour
Butter
1/2 and 1/2
Salt and ground pepper

Cook flour in butter (equal amounts of each) for 1 - 2 minutes. Add enough 1/2 & 1/2 to make a very thick mixture. Add salt and ground pepper to taste. Cook for about 1 minute stirring. Then add to the soup. Stir well and gently simmer for 5 minutes. DO NOT BOIL OR YOU RISK BREAKING THE CREAM.

Sorry I don't have exact measurements as I made this recipe up. But the only part you need to worry about is the cream part and you can always make more and add it to soup till you get it the way you like it. Start off small and add more if necessary.

mines different, yours sounds great though!
thank you!! the pimento, scallions and bacon make it look festive. the bacon gives a nice smoky flavor. my mom was hesitant the first time she saw it and said i'll just take some home. well she finally tried it and always asked me to make it after that!! she called it confetti soup.

Back
Top Bottom