Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting the recipe, GG. At first glance, though, it looks nothing like what I remember eating!...Still, at least you created a recipe that you like from me mentioning that I had chicken poblano soup, so we're good, right?

We're great! :LOL: DH and I enjoyed it and several other people like the idea, so yay :ROFLMAO:...
Ha, I asked my friend what recipe they used at their coffee shop. Turns out the chicken poblano soup I ate was from a Paula Deen recipe! He sent the link to me for the recipe to the exact soup I ate at their place: Poblano Chicken Chowder

Now how does that go? Ask and ye shall receive? :LOL:

I have several packages of frozen poblanos, can use extra and puree for the thickening aspect. **.

Did you freeze them yourself? did you chop or freeze whole?

I rarely see them around here. I know they are frequently offered in a lot of the big stores in Burlington/Toronto. Wasn't sure if I could store them.

Last tiime I had any was 2 years ago - stuffed them and then stuffed me.

Did you freeze them yourself? did you chop or freeze whole?

I rarely see them around here. I know they are frequently offered in a lot of the big stores in Burlington/Toronto. Wasn't sure if I could store them.

Last tiime I had any was 2 years ago - stuffed them and then stuffed me.

The grocery store here frequently has produce on "day old"and sell for cheap. I simply bring it home and toss it in the freezer. No problems as long as you want to cook with it.

This looks excellent, I might substitute hatch for poblano as I have hatch chilies at the moment.

So, masa harina. An ingredient I haven't used. I have bread flour, whole wheat flour, and white and yellow cornmeal. Substitution possible?

Or heck, there is a Mexican grocery on my way to work I've been wanting to explore. I bet they'd have it.

A corn based flour? I've just started experimenting with corn meal. I'm kind of excited as my first attempts at corn bread have really sucked. Which means this is an area of cooking and baking I have a lot to learn about.

I really like the idea of this recipe. I will try to do it exact once I find some masa harina. Then of course, I'm gonna mess with it shamelessly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom