Creamy Split Pea Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friend in North Carolina said the only way her husband will eat canned peas ( she uses the ones that that comes in the black can) is to make little drop dumplings..Bisquick dumplings...pea size..add a can of water to the peas.

The only way I eat peas is in split pea soup, LOL. I don't like them any other way but I love the soup! Strange I know...

Nobody likes it but me. So I don't make it very often :ermm: But, Progresso makes a really good canned split pea soup with ham. :)

I like Progresso, and believe it or not I like the ALDI version as well. Maybe I am just too easy to please LOL.

Ill take it one step further, I actually like the liptons cup of soup pea soup. Sure, not even close to home made, but it was a nice quick "all u got to do is boil some water' kinda thing. Unfortunately, they either discontinued it, or i just cant find it anymore.

yea, I haven't seen that in a long time either. I like home made when I can make it, but sometimes it is nice to have a can on hand for a quick lunch. Next trip out I might pick some split peas up and try some of the recipes on here.

I do too LEFSE's..when I was in grade school I would come home for lunch and heat up a can of peas with butter and black pepper.

our HEB used to stock a really good lentil soup by Progresso but haven't seen it in years........very low in fat, high in protein and fiber, and good for a quick fixer-upper......maybe they don't make it anymore.......I wished they would bring it back

I think they stock it here, but I am not a fan of lentil soup the wife is. Which is why I have a package that needs used up... LOL.

our HEB used to stock a really good lentil soup by Progresso but haven't seen it in years........very low in fat, high in protein and fiber, and good for a quick fixer-upper......maybe they don't make it anymore.......I wished they would bring it back

They still make a Lentil Soup. It might be like the split pea and ham, not everyone carries it. The only place near me that I can find the Split Pea with Ham is at Publix.

loving lentil soup so much, one day I went to the market on my lunch hour while at work. I didnt want take out or fast food, it was cold and blustery and I knew I'd find something suitable for lunch if only I looked. I found this can of lentil soup, it was on sale, no fat, no diluting, perfect I thought until a while after eating it when I realized why it was on sale, no one in their right mind would eat this canned version twice:(it was a repeater

Back
Top Bottom