Cugino's dehydrated potato soup is great!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
I have mentioned this before, cooked up another batch tonight.

I added some diced ham, fresh corn cut from the cob and a can of shelly green beans, pepper, sea salt(just a little)... Awesome soup!!

Cugino's Creamy Potato Soup Mix - 8 Cup

What a great base for any chowder, creamy vegetable soup etc.

i've found it a little dry for my tastes.

j/k, jeff. thanks for the tip.

i'll mention it to my hiking buddies.

i wonder how you dehydrate soup? mine always ends up at the bottom of my dehydrator. :-p

i've found it a little dry for my tastes.

j/k, jeff. thanks for the tip.

i'll mention it to my hiking buddies.

i wonder how you dehydrate soup? mine always ends up at the bottom of my dehydrator. :-p

LOL...

We did chili once... Terrible. Tasted burnt. I just watched Elton on Good Eats. He dehydrated jerky using paper furnace filters and a box fan.
He is not an advocate of dehydrators that use heat.. it cooks the food.
He simply marinated the meat, laid it in the folds of the filters, stacked them up and bungeed them to the front of a box fan and let it run for around 10 hours. Somehow, I don't think that would work for soup....:ROFLMAO:

Dehydration of liquid foods is typically done by freeze drying. Even though it is frozen, the water can still evaporate (called "subliming"), leaving behind the solids that can then be powdered if desired.
I suspect that the process is sped up with a lot of moving air as well. Otherwise it might take a very long time, and slow down production.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom